The good ....
- The view was simply unbelievable from the balcony. Most of the rooms have a direct sea view, but there are some that don't. If you have the rooms with a clear sea view, it is stunning. If you don't wish to climb to Ucka, this would be your second best option.
- Assured Parking. No parking mess like in the rest of Opatija
- Location - 10 minute walk to the center of Opatija or to the icici beach. (Part of the path is a little steep but should be okay for most people)
- Very friendly service. They cook home made dinner only for guests. Tried it twice, and it was really really good. Given that I am a vegetarian, and croatia is not very kind to vegetarians, these yummy meals were just what i needed.
- Decent swimming pool. There is also a tennis court but did not see anyone use it.
- The restaraunt/breakfast place shares the same beautiful view like the rooms.
- At a great price .. was among the cheapest ones in Opatija when we booked it and was great value for money. We did see a few other ones while in the area which we could have booked at the similar price range ... but I would go back to Villa Vranjes anyday.
And the not so good ....
- Room was ok - the furnishings are not as grand as in top class hotels, but the balcony made up for it. The bathroom was also ok. If you are too picky about the room, please do not go here. If you are okay with a clean room with a great price and the good points above, go for it.
- If you watch TV on vacation, this is also not a place for you. Small TV, very few channels. The mini-bar was also empty,
- Note that going to the nearest beach involves a 5-10 min walk. If you like to stay right next to a beach and get burnt all week, probably also not recommended for those people.