“Great location and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zlatna Skoljka

Zlatna Skoljka
Ranked #96 of 145 Restaurants in Rijeka
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Croatian
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Aufham, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

Went there with my family and it was really good. I don't know for other people eating in that restaurant, but all my family had a nice meal. I would recommend this restaurant

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
lausanne
“Lost chef”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

So, this is supposed to be a nice fish restaurant in the center of the city.
The atmosphere might be nice, but there is something missing..
So, the food.
Well, even with the best ingredients, the chef has no idea what to do with them.
My partner had risotto with Adriatic shrimps and truffles. Sounds good, right?
Just everything in that plate was wrong.
The pasta was overcooked, shrimps too (they got lost in the pasta, waste of shrimps) and there was waaaay too much truffles, you couldn't eat it. In fact, he took several mouthfuls and he was truffle overdosed.
What I had on my plate was just horrific. It might be good as some kind of carnival food, cos this is the closest I can get with the description.
It was a forg-fish (grdobina in Croatian) filet, rolled in prosciutto (way too salty), as well overcooked and dry.
It was lying in the tomato sauce with prawns accompanied with lemon risotto.
Okay, it was my fault ordering that, cause it makes no sense all this combo..but I really wanted to taste some good fish, and believe me, the fish was the last thing I tasted on this plate!
Service, so-so.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The worst restaurant I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Went there last year with my sister while on holiday on a very rainy Friday evening. Where to start from?!? No one greated us, actually there was NO ONE in the room... The waiter kept on leaving the restaurant that was fairly empty (wonder why?) and completely messed up our food AND drinks order. When we brought this to his attention he just left and started bad mouthing us to the kitchen. After dinner I stepped outside for a cigarette and saw him DRINKING ALCHOHOL with a group of friends on the terrace!!!! The food tasted like they reheated the lunch leftovers and the risotto was like out of a sachet... Dry and tasteless... Lets not mention The mussel starters... Shame because I had dinner there in 2009 and I had a great experience... Looks like the venue changed management/head chef or both... AVOID!!!

• Visited July 2012
Turku, Finland
“Cozy little restraurant with excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I had a business dinner in Zlatna Skolja with my collleagues. I ate beef carpaccio for starter and sirloin steak with truffle sauce as a main course. Food was excellent as it is almost everywhere in Croatia.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Alostem
Zagreb
“fine, delicious, abundant,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I ate pork ribs steamed cabbage, which were excellent. friend is eating a purely meat with roasted potatoes (from oven). And it was very delicious, abundant, and neskupo. There we went on the recommendation. We have to go again.

• Visited March 2012