“Amazing diving in Dili!”
Review of Compass Diving

Compass Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Compass Diving is a family business who have been operating since 1999 and know the seas surrounding Timor-Leste like no one else. Atauro Island, the jewel of Timor-Leste where Compass specializes in diving & snorkelling adventures and PADI dive courses based from their Adara Ecocamp on the west coast of Atauro and now their beachhouse dive resort in Beloi on the east. Compass operates a daily water taxi service to Beloi and Adara making Atauro Island accessible for day trips, overnight and multi-day stays and offers travelers the opportunity to explore the more remote dive and snorkel sites. For diving snorkeling and relaxing in paradise, Compass Charters has Atauro Island covered. So come and book your adventure to another part of the world you never knew existed.
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I was certified through Compass for Open Water Diving. Both Tony (owner) & Uning (instructor) go out of their way to be helpful & ensure a good experience in Dili.

On completion of my course, Tony organised a dive at Atauro Island & again I dived one on one with my instructor Uning. Uning is especially outgoing & friendly. She made the course interesting & fun.

Next time I'm in Dili, I look forward to visiting the Eco camp & doing my Advanced course.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"charter"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Had a great day diving with Jens from compass charters. Did two dives pick up from Atauro and drop off back in Dili. Jens is a great guy very friendly, professional, good fun and always very safety aware. We highly recommend diving with Jens and his crew.

1  Thank Ali C
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We dived with Jens & Tony (& skipper John) on 3 days, and can't speak highly enough of our experience. Their service was prompt, friendly, attentive. They kept us informed about what was happening, and helped with accommodation bookings on Atauro. The food was great. Diving practices were extremely safe, we really appreciated Jens' attention & care. We're experienced divers, and we can say that the diving off Atauro is fabulous - wall diving with great vis, warm water, a spectacular range of soft & hard corals, sponges & fish. Not a lot of big fish, they're having a bit of an issue with overfishing, which people are only just beginning to recognise & address. We have had some experience with the alternative diving operation in Dili and greatly preferred dealing with Compass.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I just completed the Open Water Diving PADI course with Compass Charter and I enjoyed every bit of it.
Tony and Jens were both very friendly, available and always looking to accomodate a tight holiday schedule.
For the course, Jens was extremely patient, very dedicated, and I felt comfortable asking questions or repeating exercises in the pool as many times as necessary. He was nevertheless very rigorous and never let me go with anything not perfectly done. I felt very safe at all times.
We did the open dives in 2 different sites West and East of Dili, where we could both get the requirements done and explore and enjoy the corals.
We also had good discussions about diving all around the world !
This course was everything I expected from it, and I'm glad I did it with Compass Charters. Hope to come around again for some diving in Atauro !

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My friend and I did 2 dives at Atauro Island with Compass Charters and it was a great experience. Prior to the trip, the boss, Tony, answers our enquiries promptly and helps to make arrangement for the overnight stay at the island.
The dive master, Jens, was professional and make sure that we are comfortable with our diving equipment. When I casually mention that the fins is too heavy, he immediately finds another pair for me to change into so that I can enjoy my dive.
Great service provided by them makes a wonderful diving experience! If there's a chance to dive with them again, we will definitely take up a 3 days dive safari program!

1  Thank gwenism