“Discovery Inn”

and 1 more site!
Discovery Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Dili
Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was my first time to Dili and i'm glad that i chose Discovery Inn. Im not sure about other accommodations in Dili but this 3 star hotel is definitely one of the best. the staff there were helpful and polite. they even prepared refreshing drinks when you first arrived the hotel. how caring is that? i'm very happy with my 2 night stay there and will definitely re-visit this hotel if i have another trip to Dili.

2 things that can be improved. breakfast buffet and happy hour. it will be good if the spread for breakfast with more choices. also, the extension of happy hour would be good as the current hours is a bit tight(with just 2 hours of happy hour).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank julia0512
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear julia0512,

Thank you kindly for reviewing your stay with us last month at Discovery Inn. We are so pleased you enjoyed your trip, in particular the welcome drink on offer.

Thank you also for your suggestions regarding breakfast and Happy Hour. We will most certainly take these into consideration.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Discovery Inn the next time you are in Dili.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Discovery inn is a well run hotel with great staff. Cost is at the high end for Dili but as ever you pay for what you get. I travelled with my elderly but travelholic father, as tourists, for 6 nights in Timor leste. Not many other people do this, and tourism is not well catered for in the country as a whole, but I highly recommend it. We found the discovery inn from a tourist guide, last year it won a major tripadvisor award. Best restaurant north of Darwin and South of Singapore. Diya restaurant could have its own review. Great food options great kitchen. And best wine list north if Darwin and South of etc....

Did I say the roads are bad? Dili is being turned upside down at the moment. Major drainage works underway in nearly all the streets it seems. And don't start me about the roads out of town. But don't let that put you off.
Discovery inn can assist with anything you need like car/driver hire and other internal travel options. Great deck for breakfast and happy hour

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Neil H

Dear Neil H,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with Discovery Inn. We were so pleased to see that you came to Dili for tourism - as this country has a lot to offer - and additionally pleased that you chose to stay with us.

We are humbled by your very kind words regarding Diya Restaurant and our wine list and are pleased you enjoyed the cuisine on offer. We welcome a review of the meals you tried on our Diya Restaurant Trip Advisor page - if and when you have the time.

We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with Discovery Inn next time you are in Dili.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I traveled to East Timore more than five time since 2007, my first priority hotel which I select is Discovery Inn. I am very happy to stay here, it is very clean,peaceful and staffs are very friendly especially the GM, Ryan. He takes very good care of all customers. Right now, I am staying at the Discovery Inn for a month and I am very happy to stay here again especially the hotel provides internet/wi-fi. It is very convenient. Of course, I will choose Discovery Inn in my future trips, it is the best hotel in East Timore. Cheers.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Suchada F

Dear Suchada F,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Discovery Inn. We sincerely appreciate your patronage and are always pleased to see familiar faces return.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our InnKeeper, Ryan and his team of dedicated staff.

We hope that you will continue to use Discovery Inn as your Dili home-away-from-home and look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had to visit Timor Leste for business purpose and found my hotel stay at Discovery Inn satisfactory! The staffs are very friendly and approachable. Rooms were reasonably sized but clean and well kept. Location of hotel is good as it's within walking distance to the Licidere park and beach area. Diya restaurant serves delicious food and i love their Chocolate fondant dessert most. Their daily happy hours in the evening complete with finger food and free drinks which enable us to chill out before dinner time.

1  Thank JoceSam

Dear JoceSam,

Thank you for reviewing your business stay with Discovery Inn in May 2014.

We are so pleased you were comfortable in your time with us and that you enjoyed both your restaurant and hotel experiences. The chocolate fondant at Diya is one of Dili's best kept secrets and we hope that you are able to come back again and enjoy both our dining and accommodation on offer, not to mention the fondant, in the not-too-distant-future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent 11 nights at the Discovery Inn in Dili and highly recommend the hotel. Very helpful, conscientious, and professional staff. Nice breakfast buffet on an outdoor covered terrace. My favorite parts of breakfast were the fresh fruit, fruit compote made with star anise, omelet station, and local coffee. The late afternoon happy hour, with two free beverages and some snacks, was a great way to end the long, hot and humid work day. The restaurant at the location was excellent, with plenty of variety and numerous options for those who prefer vegetarian food. Beautiful presentation and good service. My room was clean and comfortable, with CNN, coffee, tea, AC, and reliable Internet access (which I really appreciated). Wi-fi was also available on the breakfast/happy hour terrace.

Room Tip: My first room (on the first floor) didn't have a window that let in light. If you like to wake u...
1  Thank FLSinAZ

Dear FLSinAZ,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us at Discovery Inn in May 2014. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experiences and are so pleased to read that you enjoyed all facets of your stay.

Thank you also for your room tip. At Discovery Inn, we endeavour to make our guests as comfortable as possible and are more than happy to help or make changes - if asked.

We sincerely hope that you will stay with us next time you come to Dili.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Discovery Inn is squeezed between two lots and it will never enjoy the facilities that a large hotel in a big lot might have, but I found that was more than made up for by the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, who took the trouble to make sure that my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. The food is excellent. The breakfast menu changed daily and was always delicious and the Diya Restaurant has to be one of the best in Dili. The rooms are not large, but they are well serviced, and have all the amenities (internet, fridge, safe, enough power points and good TV, kettle and coffee/tea) that you would expect. My bed was perfectly comfortable and I slept well every night. The deck is a nice feature that provides a good venue for informal meetings and drinks after work.
Nevertheless, it is the attitude of the staff that is this hotel's biggest asset. They were always considerate, helpful and friendly and they turned what could have been an average experience into an enjoyable one. Working in Dili for three weeks, I was glad to be able to come back to the Discovery Inn at the end of each day.

1  Thank George G

Dear George G,

Thank you kindly for your very positive review of our hotel. Whilst we are proud of many of the services and features that we offer, we are most proud of our staff and their attitude to customer service.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and sincerely hope that you will stay with us when you visit Dili next.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I got 2 types of room during my stay, first was at 2nd floor, second was at 1st floor. The room at 2nd floor was small, not enough space to put my luggage on the floor. The bathroom was not really good, after having shower I always found the floor outside shower "flooded" because there's a small spot where water from the shower room can go out.

The room at 1st floor was much bigger but still with the same condition at the bathroom.
Internet connection at 2nd floor was poor, but at 1st floor was fine.

Free airport pick up and drop off.

Free welcome fruits and 2 pieces of chocholate.

Not many choices for breakfast for this kind of expensive hotel.

Room Tip: No fitness center and swimming pool available
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ZeenatAwan, Guest Relations Coordinator at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Ruby_noelia,

Thank you kindly for reviewing your recent stay with us at Discovery Inn.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback, both positive and constructive. We are taking your feedback on board and are working to rectify the issues you faced. We sincerely hope that you will come and visit us again and that you will experience the service and quality that Discovery Inn is famous for.