“A paradise in a paradise in the middle of nowhere”

and 1 more site!
Floreana Lava Lodge
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This lodge, lost in the lost island of Floreana, is where you want to stay when need rest and peace. Each bungalow has a private feeling and is located in the waterfront. The environment is pure nature but the rooms are comfortable and equipped with hot water, A/C and mosquito nets. If you are so mad to do such a long and tiring travel to get to Floreana, stay at Lava Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco M

Reviewed 14 March 2014

All the positive reviews stated herunder are true. Staying at the Floreana lodge, in the little cabins is one of the best landexperiences in the Galapagos. Also the nights, with a clear sky, are beyond believe. One can see the entire milkyway and for us, northern guys, we can see the Big Bear hanging upside down in heaven. It is also possible watching the Southern cross (during the night). The story of the Floreana inhibitants (the docter & his wife, the baroness, the Wittmers) is also very spectacular and it's a good thing that there 's a museum to be opened at the Wittmers place. Ofcourse there's wildlife & the tortoises.. All & all an unforgettable explercience. thanks to the guide(s) & ofcourse the very kind and helpful staff of the Floreana cabins (wonderful cook !!!!!)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The rooms are little cabins set in a spectacular location overlooking the ocean. It is a short walk to kayaking, snorkeling or swimming. The breakfast at the lodge was delicious and located outside with a view of the ocean. The stay here was a wonderful way to see Floreana, meet the friendly people of the island and see the stunning landscape and wildlife from the mountains down to the ocean.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This place made me the most nervous before coming, and when I got there all my fears were laid to rest. This was the best place I stayed during my 10 day stay. The cabins are very quant and peaceful. there was scuba diving under a mile away where my son swam with giant tortoises, sting ray and hammerhead sharks. The walk over was over lava rocks and thru a small mangrove. We ate at someones home where they made a table for the group and cooked fresh tuna. That evening we sat in the wooden chairs and watched the stars and listened to the ocean. I would definately recommend this place, I only wish I could have stayed here longer.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrcoates72
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

This place is rustic, but exactly what we were expecting the Galápagos to be and so charming we wished we'd stayed longer. All the rooms are twin, but my boyfriend and I didn't mind as we drifted off to sleep listening to the sea and the sea lions. Breakfast was lovely - great setting obviously as all the lodges and the breakfast area are just up from the shore, and delicious. The Cruise family are wonderful and really added to the magic of our trip there. Dinner was at Lelia's restaurant. Make sure you also have coffee or passion fruit juice at the "coffee shop and pizzeria" (another of the Cruise clan's).

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After a week on a dive boat I decided to stay on land for a week, taking in Santa Cruz, Floreana and Isabela as part of a guided tour. It is to my regret that we only spent 24 hours on Floreana as it was by far and away my favourite island. It's unspoiled and the wildlife both on land and below the water was amazing even by Galapagos standards.

The lodge is basic but it has everything you need. The huts are small but clean and have everything you need in them, including a proper hot shower. However its the location that is killer - right on the water. I sat on my porch at 7am with a yellow warbler on the arm of my chair while watching seemingly endless turtles surface in the bay outside. I'd go back tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Anyone who is lucky enough to set foot on Floreana, and even luckier to stay over night at this simple but little piece of perfection should count their blessings. You are in the Galapagos and any complaints about bugs, sea crossings, heat or discomfort are, well frankly, irrelevant and par for the course. I feel so blessed I just returned from 11 days in Ecuador and five in the Galapagos. My goal is to return to Floreana. The rooms are clean and perfectly fine, small cabins with safes, air conditioning, fans, and all the neccessities. The view is ten stars. It is not my preference to tour with groups (even small ones) so taking dinner and breakfast as a group was but a small price to pay for an experience like this. I wish we had had one more night here. The baby sea lion beach and snorkeling with giant sea turtles is just down the beach. The food prepared for both meals was simple and perfect, our wonderful guides even brought over some wine for dinner. It is my understanding that these land based tours (thank you Red Mangrove) are helping ease some local resentment over all of the tourism dollars all spent on boats and rarely coming ashore. I hope Floreana stays just as it is.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floreana
Hotel Mar Azul
#21 of 25 in Santa Cruz
Red Mangrove
Red Mangrove
#8 of 21 in Puerto Ayora

Been to Floreana Lava Lodge? Share your experiences!