We stayed here for 6 nights on a fishing trip since it is right across the street from where the fishing boats are docked. That is the main reason for staying here. We had one of the best rooms(#16) on the fourth floor up 6 flights of stairs with no elevator. Very tiring after a few days. The week we were there was party week and there was loud music playing in the amphitheatre nearby every night until 1, 2 and even until 5 in the morning! Not very good if you are getting up early for fishing! The rooms were cleaned every day but the cleanliness around the hotel was generally lacking(dog poop on the sidewalk to the rooms-yuck!)
The breakfast was ok but the same every day, eggs, toast fruit. The food in the restaurant was good but the service is terribly slow. That's alright some nights but again got tiring after a few days.
I would only recommend this hotel if you want to be near the dock or don't mind a lot of noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a 3-minute walk away from Oro's beach in San Cristobal, Hotel Miconia offers an outdoor swimming pool, an on-site seafood restaurant and free WiFi access. A free daily American breakfast is served. Each air-conditioned room here will provide you with a TV, a minibar and a private bathroom with a shower. You will also find a desk, a safety-deposit box and bed linen. Hotel Miconia offers a fitness centre, a tour desk and laundry facilities. A 5-minute drive will get you to a variety of restaurants and Mann Beach. Shipwreck bay is 300 m away and La Loberia beach can be reached after a 15-minute drive. San Cristobal Airport is just 5 minutes away by car. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Miconia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miconia Hotel San Cristobal
- Hotel Miconia San Cristobal, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador