“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Cristobal
Casa Iguana Mar y Sol
Ranked #3 of 27 San Cristobal B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Beautiful room, sparkling clean, gorgeous bathroom, unbelievable views, lovely sea breezes, perfect location for port and town, great overhead fan, never had to use a/c, tastefully and spaciously decorated, windows everywhere, fantastic beds. But best are the hosts: Patricia and Luis. They made us feel at home; we felt they were old friends from the time we arrived. We can't rave enough about our stay there. In fact, we switched our flight home from Baltra to here just so we could spend more time at this home. Both are terrific people - generous, helpful and warm. My husband roasted coffee with them. Our stay there was the highlight of our trip. This is an island you can spend quite a few days on. Best stay in Ecuador.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank thomaspaine1

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Beautiful property, views of the ocean to die for, gracious host, Luis, and wife made us feel like family and treated us like royalty, large comfortable and very clean bedrooms, gave valuable information during our visit about the local sites, Luis spoiled us with fresh breakfast and the best coffee. we look forward to returning the this "gem". This IS the place to stay on the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank 1588trololo
Reviewed 13 March 2014

So don't waste any more time looking for a place in San Cristobal. You won't find anything better than this. Just book it now! The 3rd floor deck has the best morning coffee view we have ever had, and the coffee is grown, dried, roasted, ground, brewed and poured by Louis. Yum.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank escape066
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed at Casa Iguana for 2 nights in February before leaving for a 7 day cruise. The B&B was lovingly built entirely by Luis and it shows in every detail-from the Iguana carved into the front door to the beautiful rooftop deck. The view to the harbor is priceless and it is a five minute walk to the center of town. Patricia and Luis are the nicest, most generous hosts we have ever encountered in many stays. We had chosen to stay in one of the second floor rooms which would have been lovely. However, Patricia upgraded us to the Honeymoon Suite at no extra charge because it hadn't been rented. It was beyond gorgeous and spotless. The shower was great and the mini-fridge was stocked with bottled water. The breakfasts that Luis cooked were delicious. We can't imagine a nicer stay anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank snorkel10
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is a home from home sort of place. Luis and his sister were full of smiles and helpfulness. We had a huge room on the top floor complete with sitting area and kitchenette. Breakfast is in their kitchen where you sit at the breakfast bar and chat with other guests. Fresh fruit, great coffee and eggs cooked by Luis. You are high up over the bay and can watch the boats coming and going and catch the breeze.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PAH2008
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We spent three nights at Casa Iguana and found it to be excellent. The property is beautiful, the rooms immaculate and comfortable and Patricia & Luis were extremely helpful and generous to us. We stayed in the Pez suite which had a massive double bed (hand made by Luis) and top quality furnishings. All small details had been considered. Each day started with a very wholesome breakfast prepared by Luis and Patricia helped us plan our days, including booking cabs for our outings. The house is located a short walk into the pier and main town area (only about 5 mins) and I think it is a bonus to be a little out of the centre which was very lively during our stay. We loved the ice cold beers on the roof terrace to watch the sunset over the bay each evening. Will definitely be recommending to others and didn't see any other options during our time on the island that would have offered any where near the same level of comfort and quality.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katrina S
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Where can you start when you've had the perfect stay? I'm not normally taken to hyperbole. Yes, I've stayed in Hiltons and Sheratons and Four Seasons and loads of other stuffy hotel chains. I've visited adorable bed and breakfasts throughout Europe, US, and South America. But Casa Iguana Mar y Sol on San Cristobal in Puerto B. Moreno is absolutely the nicest overall stay that my family and I have had anywhere.

Where do you begin when you are greated by Luis himself with a giant smile as he welcomes you into his masterpiece. You see the beautiful work of art that he himself built with detailed, gorgeous woodwork and an artistically designed layout. The rooms are ABSOLUTELY spotless. Let me repeat, because I think you heard me say they are "very clean" but I didn't-- I said the rooms are 100%, absolutely spotless. I challenge you to find one speck of dust. Beautiful floors, comfy beds, and lovely views. Bathrooms are great, hot water is good, and wifi is about as reliable as can be found on San Cristobal (which isn't saying much, but you should judge based on what is available in a given infrastructure). Rooms are equipped with a fridge (and bottle opener!) and even include little details like a pair of hardy scissors to cut those little pesky Galapagos luggage seals off your bags.

Breakfast was an amazing treat. Luis himself asked when we'd like to eat, what we'd like to eat, and he even made special arrangements to please our two young daughters with pancakes. Fresh fruit is delicious and clearly local (if not homegrown), and Luis serves his own homegrown/dried/roasted coffee. It was 5 times better than other breakfasts we had in Galapagos.

The property is safe, gated, and features beautiful views to the port harbor from the higher floors. Don't worry that there is no elevator, because not only will Luis help with your bags, he will give the impression that it is his genuine pleasure to do so. I'm not sure I've met a kinder, more selfless host in all my years of foreign travel.

When we arrived with two small daughters, Luis and his family gushed over them and immediately set to work accommodating them. They brought extra towels, extra beach towels, Johnson-and-Johnson baby soap, etc. This level of service blew my mind. I would have thought that we were his only guests, the way he and his family treated us with such personalized and individual care. We were sad that we couldn't meet Patricia in person, too, as she is away, but even when we arrived home from dinner during his nightly Skype session with her, Luis jumped right up to check on us and insure everything was perfect for us.

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel. Luis, thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts. My daughters, wife, and I enjoyed your masterpiece and your hospitality so much. We even said that despite all the many reasons to visit Galapagos, returning to Casa Iguana Mar y Sol will be high on our list of reasons for a second trip.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Ultramodern1
spiralstaircase, Owner at Casa Iguana Mar y Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

What can I say except......thank you from the bottom of my heart. Yes, I do SKPE with Luis each night, to touch base, verify with him for the 100th time that we treat people with genuine kindness.....be very careful with cleanliness, etc......he gets tired of hearing my standards.
But in your case, he called just after your arrival, to tell me "he was going to get to take care of a family with the two cutest children he had ever seen." He and his sister genuinely felt that they had won the lottery, to be with your little family. A couple traveling to show our beautiful, singular, evolutionary nature to two "bebes"........I can only imagine the successful future and impact those two will have on the world. I am jealous that I was not there. But I was visiting MY TWO beautiful daughters. I better get back to San Cristobal SOON, or I will not be needed at all.

Patricia