We stayed at Casa Opuntia for a couple nights in February 2010.
This place is located right at the harbor, very convenient.
The broad walk is right in front of the hotel.
Our room was okay, very basic. It was clean.
We had a patio right outside our room. The patio faces the harbor, so nice view. The pool is in bad shape. The two days were were there, we didn't see anyone using it.
We had lunch and breakfast at Casa Opuntia. The meals were actually pretty good. There were only a few employees working there. I think there were a couple ladies who cleaned the room. One guy was the cook and another who seemed to do everything (shopping for groceries, served food during meal, and cleaned the common areas); he was the most helpful among them, so we tipped him well. By the way, if you don't speak Spanish, it may be tough to communicate with any of the staff. It may help if you prepare and bring along some common phrases or words in Spanish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The legendary Casa Opuntia is our landmark hotel in San Cristobal Island. We offer 13 comfort class rooms, some with ocean front balconies, as well as a common seating and lounging area overlooking the boardwalk. You are only a few meters away from Playa de Oro Beach and from the small, lazy port town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno. Take a refreshing dip in our small, fresh-water swimming pool while you enjoy a cocktail before sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Opuntia Galapagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Hotel Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Galapagos Islands/San Cristobal