“Best Experience in Galapagos”

Galapagos Underwater
and up
Los Tuneles - Isabela Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ABOUT GALAPAGOS UNDERWATER Since 2001, Jose A Bravo Founder and CEO Galapagos Underwater has developed, organized, and delivered top-quality diving tours in one of the world´s hotspots of biodiversity. We offer a complete range of products to explore practically every dive site of this wonderfully diverse marine reserve. For more 6 years, Galapagos Underwater has been leading adventurers like you to one of the world´s most exciting travel destinations, a place of countless natural and cultural wonders. Galapagos Underwater tours are distinguished by creativity, safety, professionalism, and attention to detail.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I went to Galapagos Underwater to do my open water dives for certification and then do some more advanced dives. Jimbo, the owner and instructor, is a fantastic guide. He is very knowledgeable and very safety oriented.

Of the places I dove with him, I liked the wall outside the harbor a lot and Kicker Rock was great. Jimbo knows these places so well and can show you the coolest things (like Red-lipped Batfish).

Jimbo does most of his booking through email and is very responsive to questions. Do not hesitate to contact him if you want to dive in San Cristobal, Galapagos.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We did our dive review with Jimbo after several years of not diving... Everything went well, we had a nice experience. The equipment was nice and worked well. Jimbo cooperates with Galapagos Wreck Diving as well, and sometimes sends his clients on their trips...

1  Thank AmFloB
Galapaguitojim, Propietario at Galapagos Underwater, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear AmFlob, Thank you very much to give you time to write this review for us.
We enjoyed very much your diving, We have partners working on the island san cristobal, santa cruz and Isabela. Come back to visit anytime. Jimbo

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I usually don't write very many reviews but I needed to write this one even though I am a little late in posting it. I went to the Galapagos in May and wanted to get my diving certificate so I contacted Jimbo after reading the great reviews here. I was absolutely terrified for my first few dives but Jimbo was an amazing instructor who kept me calm and safe. He eventually gave me the confidence to feel comfortable underwater, which I am sure wasn't an easy task for him. Once I got my certification I went to Kicker Rock for my first certified dive and I was not disappointed. We saw a hammerhead shark and a whole array of other sea life.
Jimbo and his staff, (Alex and Gary) not only made my diving experience a great one they also made my entire trip an amazing adventure. They were all very kind and I spent a lot of time with them even when I wasn't scuba diving. They took me hiking, snorkelling and to the local restaurants for the best food. I am glad to now call them my friends, along with everyone else that I met on the island.
If you plan on getting certified or just doing a dive I highly recommend Galapagos Underwater.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

During my time on San Cristobal I did a refresher course / dive for my Open Water, completed my Advanced diving course as well as 2 dives out at Kicker Rock. This was a great experience all in all.

Jimbo organised an itinerary for me (not only for the diving) for my stay there which was great as I wasn’t very organised. Further he organised accommodation which was both clean and cheap (US $20 per night). If you are keen to do a diving course whilst on San Cristobal or in the Galapagos I would recommend Jimbo. He has a priority for safety which I like and I felt both challenged and empowered by the time I finished my course. It really invigorated my enthusiasm to dive!

Would definitely recommend going out to Kicker Rock… it is on the expensive side ($160) for the day but well worth it. Diving in general is not cheap but I like the fact that it this is because they are trying to preserve the ecosystems here and also if you dive with Jimbo and stay on the Islands your money is going to the locals who are the Custodians of the Islands. I would strongly recommend also going up to Parte Alta and Centro de Interpretacion where I learnt a lot about Galapagos.

Thanks also to Jorge Solitario (Lonely George) – not the Tortoise but Jimbo’s assistant who accompanied me on most of my adventures.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I did my Open Water Course at Galapagos Underwater with Jose "Jimbo." Jimbo is incredibly knowledgable and experienced when it comes to scuba diving. He has a strong passion that really comes out when he is teaching. He makes sure that the diver is completley comfortable and confident before moving on to the next skill. Jimbo's methods are original and effective and he really adjusts his course to the divers needs. He is also very knowledgable about the Galapagos Islands and all of its wildlife! Thanks Jimbo! :)

Galapaguitojim, General Manager at Galapagos Underwater, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Aimee,

Thank you very much to give you time to write this review for us.
We enjoyed very much your diving course, much enjoy your passion for diving, before each dive asked you that you I will watch and learn.
Rafael the sea lion is going to be waiting for you and your sister.
Come back to visit anytime. Jimbo