“Best Diving Education Ever”

Galapagos Underwater
Book In Advance
More Info
US$225.00*
and up
Scuba Diving at Kicker Rock for Certified Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ABOUT GALAPAGOS UNDERWATER Since 2001, Jose A Bravo Founder and CEO Galapagos Underwater has developed, organized, and delivered top-quality diving tours in one of the world´s hotspots of biodiversity. We offer a complete range of products to explore practically every dive site of this wonderfully diverse marine reserve. For more 6 years, Galapagos Underwater has been leading adventurers like you to one of the world´s most exciting travel destinations, a place of countless natural and cultural wonders. Galapagos Underwater tours are distinguished by creativity, safety, professionalism, and attention to detail.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
San Antonio, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Best Diving Education Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I went to get my Advance Open Water diving certification with Jimbo, as recommendation from TripAdvisor and I discovered that every excellent comment here is short in scope of the Jimbo quality as a Teacher, Master diver and person.
We had wonderful 5 days; with a set of scuba activities, land exploration activities and we share personal time with him and Delphine (Wonderful Master Diver student from France)

He dedicate his time, effort and skills to make us feel safe and enjoy the most wonderful scuba dive ever.
Here at Galapagos the scuba is not as clear as the Caribbean sea, but the amount of marine life, diversity and "big" fish will make you forget about visibility.

I totally recommend Galapagos Underwater as a safer, fun and learner oriented Operation of Scuba in the San Cristobal Island.

Thanks Jimbo. We will see you again!!!

Visited July 2014

• Hebrew first
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Night Diving and Leon Dormido”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I had a great time diving with Jimbo. My first dive with him was a night dive, which I had never experienced before. I was informed of the routes we would take, where we would go and how long for the day before the dive. On the dive itself I felt very safe and enjoyed the dive thoroughly! I also then dived at kicker rock. I had never had any problem with using only 4 weights on my weight belt until that day. The current was so strong it swept me through the gap in kicker rock because I was unable to descend. Luckily, following my own common sense and Jimbo's instructions he gave in his security talk, I was able to stay calm and be picked up in the boat by Jimbo the other side of kicker rock; be given another weight and start the dive again. After that everything went smoothly. We had two long dives, saw amazing wildlife, including endless numbers of black-tip sharks, however we did have to hold onto the rocks at all times due to the current. I would like to thank Jimbo massively for taking me on those dives and for also giving me tips on how to improve my diving as well as being friendly, supportive and professional about his work and safety.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Annabel_Brodie
“Best Diving Shop in San Cristobal!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was referred to Jose Bravo at Galapagos Underwater, aka Jimbo by a friend of mine and upon meeting him, I could immediately notice that he loves what he does. He was very professional, approachable and manages his shop in a friendly and inviting environment and always went the extra mile to make sure I was comfortable and knew every single detail of the diving sites we explored. Not only did I enjoy the beautiful marine life in Galapagos, but Jose also gave me great tips to maximize my air consumption and become a better and more efficient diver. He even threw an additional diving site that was not in the program just so I could practice my diving and also swim with Sea Lions. All in all, if you are looking for an unforgettable experience in Galapagos in a safe, supervise environment, you cannot go wrong with Jose Bravo at Galapagos Underwater. Keep up the good work!!

Visited April 2014
Frederiksvaerk, Denmark
“The Best Start For Diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was staying on San Cristobal for 3 months doing volunteer Work, when I met Jimbo and started diving with him at galapagos underwater. I took both my Openwater an advanced openwater with jimbo and I can for sure say you will get an instructor that actually care about your training and he will help you as much as he can to improve your skills as a diver.

The way the courses are being thaught at galapagos underwater is very uncommercial and Jimbo really takes his time to teach the art of diving and you are promised to have a lot of fun while still getting serious training. The theory part of my courses was thaught by video and then a class where we talked about the important Things in the video, and for me that was a lot better way than just seing the video and then being given a book to read in before the test. so for me both the openwater and advanced openwater was a great experience!

The equipment was good and I was proper intruduced to the equipment we were using and when we went diving we allways had a imformation meeting about the dive and during the dives the rest time was good and we allways had safetystops. so I would say that jimbo as an instructor is very professional an at the same time he will make sure you are having a great time.

I would recommend Galapagos Underwater to everyone who wants to take a course or just do some dives around San Cristobal Island.

I can say for sure that I could not have found a better place to start diving.

Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best experience in town with the best instructor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I am so happy that I made the decision to change my flight in order to take the diving course with Jimbo and receive my PADI certification. Above water he is personable, friendly, and hilarious. Underwater he is attentive, clear in his instruction, committed to safety and wellbeing, patient, and truly eager to teach diving.

He went above and beyond the call to fit me into his schedule at the very last moment when I decided to change my flight in order to squeeze in his wonderful course. He did everything possible to make my diving experience unforgettable in a truly unforgettable environment. I could not recommend him as an instructor more highly, and I could not recommend a better place in the world to learn this skill.

Jimbo has a clear focus on keeping his equipment well maintained so you don't have to worry for one second about poorly managed equipment or dive preparation.

He took me on a discovery dive and I immediately felt at ease and in love with diving. I was never worried about my safety in the slightest because of Jimbo's expert presence. After the discovery dive, I decided I would regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't take a diving course here in the Galapagos with Jimbo.

Over the next few days he took me on multiple dives a day, was very responsive to all of my questions, and he organized the course clearly and efficiently. The course involved watching videos to learn the basic skills, practicing those skills underwater, and then taking four quizzes before the final exam.

Without having to, he managed to fit in a time for me to go diving at Kicker Rock with hundreds of sharks. I'll never forget the moment when he took me to a school of fish and we sat motionless while they encased themselves around us. He also agreed to take me on a night dive and this was an experience that had a profound impact on me. I felt like an astronaut n space while swimming through the darkness with bioluminescence thriving around us.

If you want to feel calm and at ease underwater, excited and motivated above water, and get the safest diving experience possible, there is only one place to go: Galapagos Underwater.

I have to return.