All reviewsunique atmospherelarge roomtortuga baytour guidehotel roomelenasuiteharbourlasislandgalapagoskitchenettepuertologisticsecosleeping
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband is not easy to be pleased at traveling. This time while staying at Casa del lago in Galapagos he was. Every thing was nice and well. Room was clean and beautifully decorated. Breakfast is the part that I enjoyed the most. Every day we have nice, delicious, fresh fruits with some home made bread and of course coffee. The owner, a nice young woman is an artist herself. Plays guitar and every night entertaines guess at her cafe-cultural. Hope to go back to Galapagos and this place keep the same way we for sure will stay there again. Unfortunatelly out 0f 6 days we spent last January rain 2. Highly recomended. PS. we negotiated and got reduced $10 per night

Room Tip: Is small beautiful place, book in advance
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Casa del lago is a wonderfull place to spend some days on Santa Cruz. It is nice to sit outside close to the lagoon and enjoy some nice sweets and a coffee from the little cafe. The breakfast with the homemade food is also very good.
The owner is a nice lady who does a very friendly service. The rooms are very colorful and lovely made. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I agree with the other reviewers, although lonely planet gave it a positive reference(?) it lacked the service and standard for the price.

It was very unique and funky but that was all. It felt to us that the purpose was to make money rather then to truely enjoy and partipate in tourism.

We had to ask for the room to be cleaned, for the wireless to be on, and often there wasn't someone there to assist. Breakfast was average at best, and eggs were over cooked all days. On the final day we cut ou losses and went out for a much better breakfast at 3 dollars.

We had friends staying in an air conditioned room for a third of the price...We wished we would have stayed there- the charm was not worth the price!

• Stayed: January 2012
8  Thank hollyamber
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I was excited to stay in Casa del Lago based on the reviews in Lonely Planet, but was disappointed upon arrival based on paying $106/night which was a discounted rate. We had the double room upstairs with a back window facing the lagoon. Unfortunately, though not the owner's fault, they are building next door to the hotel and so we were bothered by construction noise since there are no windows, just screens. The room was cute and decorated well, but the bed was hard as a rock and my boyfriend ended up with strange bite marks. The bathroom is just closed off by a small wall so no privacy when using it. Also, the hotel is set on a street with loud traffic. Finally, young kids were partying by the lagoon at night singing and keeping us up. Overall, this place just isn't worth the price and there are probably better options in Puerto Ayora. The high note is the restaurant - food was local and fresh. Owner was helpful enough and nice but hotel ended up being a disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carrie R
FILITA, Propietario at La Casa del Lago Lodging House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

The Casa del Lago is only 50 meters from the Ninfas Lagoon, a very quiet area and only at certain times of the day we have traffic and normal city activity. Unfortunately the dispensation for a building of a wall near my property expired and the building of this wall has upset not only my guests but all the neighbours of the area. I apologized profusely to my guests when the wall was been built . Considering that the air temperature can be between 40 to 43 centigrades between November and March I built screen windows to allow a breeze during the hot season. I have srecently built glass windows so my guests do not have noise in their rooms. The distributions of areas in the suites is open, the bathrooms, kitchens and bedrooms are separated with walls to give enough privacy for guests. There are photos of our rooms on our website to enable our guests to see were they will stay.

Reviewed 15 November 2010

We were charged 100 us to be in. Furnished 4 beds apartement eve though we wanted a double. The owner did not understand that having a large two floor apt with the bathroom at half lebel down is not confortable and the added space should not be charged more. We were promised the breakfast was included and the day after, the owner said we got a great and large room for a very convenient price, so no breakfast (!).

Eoom was not clean, the wifi is not working properly so dont count on it, we had not a pleasent sleep because the both me and my girlfriend found issues with the sheets. It was very (strangely) iching.

One out of four chairs on the balcony not broken.

Upside: the beagles in the bar (4usd!).
The rooms are quite nice decorated ( but smelly from the bathroom)

Paid 100 usd for a night.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MRCHIT

Breakfast is included only in the regular price, not in the promotional price. The internet system in the islandsat times does not work like we would like . The same with celular phones . This is a problem with everyone. I am always thinking in changes i have to make .....to make my guests more confortable.