We came to this hotel through a tour arrangement and was placed in a room that was much inferior quality (with red ant infestation and a toilet 2-ft away from the bedpost) than our groupmates because the occupants of the assigned room decided to extend their stay. We did not like the arrangement but still took the room because the management said they had no other rooms. On top of this aggravation, that evening when our group of 5 adults asked for a bottle of wine instead of 5 individual glasses, they began calculating the cost. After their mess-up with our room, I thought they would actually offer the wine complimentary.
When we realized that they were not sorry for the inconvenience they caused to us, but in fact were oblivious, we complained about our room. The lady that assisted Teppy (the owner) told us that this was what we got for the price we paid and the previously arranged room was an upgrade not the room we could have normally gotten with what the Travel Ecuador pays them! She continued to add that they would move us to a better room, which was an upgrade without extra charge so we should be thankful. When I did not show appreciation, she told me that they had a choice, not us, not to move us. Upon my mentioning about writing our experience at the Tripadvisor, she recommended that I should take it to the Travel Ecuador not to the Tripadvisor. While we were leaving for the day, Teppy assured that they would move us to a better room. I said it would not matter because the damage was already done. After we returned from our excursion, we found that they moved us to a nice room with an incredible view.
Even though later they tried to make up for their ignorance, we still can't get over their audacity to treat a customer this way. If they treated us respectfully, we would have been more understanding and tolerant of the circumstances. If they cannot make their customers feel comfortable, they should not be in a hospitality business.
Prior to our arrival at the Santa Cruz, we spent time in San Cristobal, where we camped and Isabela, where we stayed in a hotel that was definitely not a 5-star accommodation and had a few species of creepy crawlies in the room. However, at every place we stayed, the hotel staff and locals were truly genuine and helpful trying accommodate our requests with their limited resources. We felt very welcomed.
Other than untactful management, the hotel itself was good quality and clean, but there was nothing special about it that was authentic. If you are there to experience ethnic culture, nature and are ecologically conscientious, this is not the right hotel. The hotel and the food was more European than Galapagian/Ecuadorian. Even the Galapagian staff did not act relaxed. We did not feel the same authenticity that we felt at the other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the Galapagos islands, you will want to experience the special “Galapagos spirit” – and there is no better place to do that than here in our exclusive waterfront location. Using materials such as lava rocks and drift wood, we have created a unique atmosphere and the feeling of being close to nature. We are situated right on the waterfront in the area known as “Punta Estrada”, where we offer beautiful and relaxed surroundings for your dream holiday – on a piece of Galapagos history. Placed across the bay from Puerto Ayora, the hotel’s location ensures total privacy and undisturbed quiet. If you want to go to town, water taxis will take you to and from our private pier, 24 hours a day. Enjoy the sun on the terrace, a drink in our cozy cafe, have lunch or dinner on the waterfront deck, experience a beautiful Galapagos sunset and feel the enchantment of these unique islands together with family and friends. Our main aim is to make your stay one that you will always remember. We look forward to welcoming you at the ANGERMEYER WATERFRONT INN. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Angermeyer Waterfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angermeyer Waterfront Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Angermeyer Waterfront Inn Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz