We just returned from an 8 day stay at Semilla Verde in the highlands of Santa Cruz. I had selected Semilla Verde because of the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, and it was absolutely the best decision I made for this trip. We booked Room 1 on the top floor and enjoyed coming back every evening to relax on the balcony overlooking the coffee plants and scalesia trees. The view out to Tortuga Bay and the ocean was beautiful, even on the days when half-covered in mist. I can't say enough about the wonderful meals Daysi prepared. She is an excellent cook and a very gracious hostess. Robert is an excellent guide, host and all around terrific gentleman. He is so knowledgeable about the islands, thehistory, the environment and graciously shares that knowledge during his guided tours. He took all the work out of scheduling day trips to other islands. The staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfasts were generous and always included fresh fruit, cereals, yogurrt, wonderful bread, bacon and eggs prepared however one wanted. Many of the ingredients Daysi used in her meals and the fruits for breakfast are grown right on the property. Robert and Daysi are sincerely interested in the preservation of the Galapagos, carrying out a reforestation project on the property, planting scalesia trees and coffee plants. It is difficutl to sum up what the stay at Semilla Verde meant to us, but I can say that it was one of the most enjoyable places I have ever stayed. Robert, Daysi, their precious daughter Iona and baby Lochlan on the way are such a lovely family. Staying at Semilla Verde was like being welcomed into that family. We will treasure the memories of the time we spent there forever. I can't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Semilla Verde is an exceptional hotel with the customs and personality of a traditional guesthouse." We believe your experience in the Galapagos Islands should be as unique and natural as you are. So, here at Semilla Verde we offer you the chance to stay somewhere far removed from your busy life and the standard hotel offering you may be used to. We invite you to step into another world, the original Galapagos, the true and enchanting islands. And, to experience the wonders of a rural forest dwelling and life alongside the unique wildlife you came so far to see. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terraces and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Nine comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 15 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora town, costing just $7 e/w. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly and authentic land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative or add-on to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde works with a local tour agency to offer complete hotel & tour package options too. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions, from volcanic landscapes to cloud forest. Return to the hotel at the end of an incomparable day and share your travel stories around the main dining table with other guests, whilst enjoying dinner freshly prepared in our kitchen. Indeed we don't work from a fixed menu rather we generally prepare one recipe for the group, but each guest receives a serving according to their individual preferences. The location is secluded but convenient and very safe. There is not another residence within hundreds of meters of this oasis. Semilla Verde remains true to the philosophy on which it originally built for good friends and family, ensuring a level of intimacy, small number of employees offering very personal service and home cooking your will only find in a traditional guesthouse. Semilla Verde comprises two hotel builidings some 100ft apart - the Semilla Verde Lodge (Rooms 1-6) and the Finch Wing (Rooms 7-9). They can work in unison or as separate entities for separate parties. betwen the two there is a fully equipped yoga studio where you can enjoy individual or group practice. Galapagos is famous for it's volcanic landscapes and unique wildlife, but it can also be somewhere for you to rediscover your true and unique nature, somewhere you can feel yourself again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz