From the very start Robert welcomed us with some fresh juice and an exquisite lunch which was my favorite of the whole stay. Much of there food is grown on site along with some of the best coffee. The staff are friendly and wonderful! Robert is a very knowledgeable and energetic guide. The grounds and rooms are well kept and very clean. Robert and his family became very good friends in the short stay we were there. I liked the fact that we were not in town, but not too far away.
When we arrived in our room there were towels in the shape of a heart because I told Robert it was our honeymoon.
The prices for the stay were very reasonable and no can really put a price on their hospitality. We had some trouble with some booking and he was very generous and allowing us to use his phone. On another occasion we didn't have enough sun-block and didn't have time to buy some so he gave us his! Our last night Robert started a fire for us and that was a very nice touch. Wow! Outstanding! Very gracious toward us having to change plans a few times.
I don't there were any real down points to staying there. The food, view, service, grounds, and price were extraordinary. You don't want to stay anywhere else in Santa Cruz. You may get a cheaper price at other places, but it's not worth because of the quality at Semilla Verde. I would love to partner with Robert and start another Semilla Verde in another part of Galapagos because I was so impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Semilla Verde is an exceptional hotel with the customs and personality of a traditional guesthouse." We believe your experience in the Galapagos Islands should be as unique and natural as you are. So, here at Semilla Verde we offer you the chance to stay somewhere far removed from your busy life and the standard hotel offering you may be used to. We invite you to step into another world, the original Galapagos, the true and enchanting islands. And, to experience the wonders of a rural forest dwelling and life alongside the unique wildlife you came so far to see. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terraces and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Nine comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 15 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora town, costing just $7 e/w. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly and authentic land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative or add-on to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde works with a local tour agency to offer complete hotel & tour package options too. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions, from volcanic landscapes to cloud forest. Return to the hotel at the end of an incomparable day and share your travel stories around the main dining table with other guests, whilst enjoying dinner freshly prepared in our kitchen. Indeed we don't work from a fixed menu rather we generally prepare one recipe for the group, but each guest receives a serving according to their individual preferences. The location is secluded but convenient and very safe. There is not another residence within hundreds of meters of this oasis. Semilla Verde remains true to the philosophy on which it originally built for good friends and family, ensuring a level of intimacy, small number of employees offering very personal service and home cooking your will only find in a traditional guesthouse. Semilla Verde comprises two hotel builidings some 100ft apart - the Semilla Verde Lodge (Rooms 1-6) and the Finch Wing (Rooms 7-9). They can work in unison or as separate entities for separate parties. betwen the two there is a fully equipped yoga studio where you can enjoy individual or group practice. Galapagos is famous for it's volcanic landscapes and unique wildlife, but it can also be somewhere for you to rediscover your true and unique nature, somewhere you can feel yourself again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz