My husband and I stayed for three days and had a wonderful time. Robert and Daysi couldn’t be more gracious. Their new slogan should be “even if you only stay one day, you’ll feel like you’re at home.” They are wonderful hosts.... the made us feel like we were their one and only priority. Robert was able to suggest many individualized experiences for us; as we are not they type of travelers that are interested in being stuck on large group pre-planned tours. He seems to know everything about the island and gave us expert advice. I would advise that you arrange for them to meet your plane and accompany you to the guest house as we found the experience of arriving on the island a little perplexing.
The house at Semilla Verde is a wonderful and the accommodations were picture perfect. It is a very tranquil and beautiful setting that is close to all attractions yet far enough away from the hustle and bustle of town. Our room, veranda, and bathroom were spacious, clean, and cozy. One of the things that made the room extraordinary was the large windows and gorgeous views. They have a great big porch to relax and just hang out. While enjoying the views you can actually watch to the giant turtles munch on vegetation in the back yard! That was really amazing. There is also a charming path for a nice walk just along side the property. There were actually quite a few turtles and some lovely views along the way.
Now for the food! Breakfast is served everyday in the gorgeous open central room; each morning we were presented with tons of exquisite and fresh options. Anything one could have asked for. In addition, if you are luck enough for Daysi to cook a daytime meal for you will decline any of the other restaurants available to you in town and opt for her cooking alone. It was the best meal I had had in ten days! They simply must consider offering fair to outside guest as well. (I heard a roomer that they are strongly considering it).
Our stay was absolutely amazing value for money and very stress-free. We really hope to return to the Galapagos someday, and we would definitely only stay at Semilla Verde.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Semilla Verde is an exceptional hotel with the customs and personality of a traditional guesthouse." We believe your experience in the Galapagos Islands should be as unique and natural as you are. So, here at Semilla Verde we offer you the chance to stay somewhere far removed from your busy life and the standard hotel offering you may be used to. We invite you to step into another world, the original Galapagos, the true and enchanting islands. And, to experience the wonders of a rural forest dwelling and life alongside the unique wildlife you came so far to see. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terraces and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Nine comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 15 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora town, costing just $7 e/w. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly and authentic land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative or add-on to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde works with a local tour agency to offer complete hotel & tour package options too. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions, from volcanic landscapes to cloud forest. Return to the hotel at the end of an incomparable day and share your travel stories around the main dining table with other guests, whilst enjoying dinner freshly prepared in our kitchen. Indeed we don't work from a fixed menu rather we generally prepare one recipe for the group, but each guest receives a serving according to their individual preferences. The location is secluded but convenient and very safe. There is not another residence within hundreds of meters of this oasis. Semilla Verde remains true to the philosophy on which it originally built for good friends and family, ensuring a level of intimacy, small number of employees offering very personal service and home cooking your will only find in a traditional guesthouse. Semilla Verde comprises two hotel builidings some 100ft apart - the Semilla Verde Lodge (Rooms 1-6) and the Finch Wing (Rooms 7-9). They can work in unison or as separate entities for separate parties. betwen the two there is a fully equipped yoga studio where you can enjoy individual or group practice. Galapagos is famous for it's volcanic landscapes and unique wildlife, but it can also be somewhere for you to rediscover your true and unique nature, somewhere you can feel yourself again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Boutique Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz