“Fur coat, no Knickers”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Looks fantastic, right on the seafront, sea lions and iguanas at your feet and a lovely room and terrace. Had a very expensive lunch buffet here, it was at best, average for the money. Could be so much better with a little more effort.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Rude staff was the primary reason. We had made our first reservations for a Saturday night but when we arrived we were told there was no sushi. They told us Monday for sushi so we made reservations for 7:30pm with our hotel information. When we arrived on Monday, they informed us that there was no sushi that night either. The restaurant was empty and we were disappointed. No reasons, no apologies were made. Quite frankly, the staff behaved as though wether we stayed or left was of no consequence to them. We left.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Tried to come for lunch today. No service except for hotel full pension. They said they were open tonight. Went back. Nothing as they had "problem" with thé Kitchen... We Will not try a third time...

Reviewed 10 January 2014

By all means stop in this place for a drink (2 for one happy hour 4 - 6:30pm), if only to see the sea lions napping all over the chaise lounges and the deck crawling with marine iguanas. We loved it so much we decided to stay for dinner. Big mistake.

This was by far the worst service we had in our entire trip. Ironically, it was also the most expensive. The sushi was overpriced with way more rice than fish. We joked over a slice of salmon being so thin you could see through it. While its true that sushi chefs will slice ultra-high quality fish thinly, this was not the case. This was NOT that fresh and most of the sushi platter we ordered was cooked fish. (at least I hope it was cooked, because it was certainly opaque)
The drinks were bad as well -- you couldn't even taste the alchohol in them.

I think all the guests were there on a meal plan, as I can't imagine anyone paying outright for a meal here and coming back.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was not impressed by the divers lodge, however, all meals were included and I was happy I knew I could find a decent meal here everyday!! Diane and Renan were awesome and I am happy they were there to take care of everything. they were my saving grace when I thought it couldn't get worse!