“They KNOW what they are doing!”

Galapagos Alternative
More attraction details
Owner description: At Galapagos Alternative we specialize in personalized land-based tour packages. We offer unique experiences of the islands the way we see them: as locals. Choose the sights and activities most interesting to you, stay at local places, eat at local restaurants, and of course, get up-close experiences with the amazing animals that make the Galapagos Islands so special. We can help you find the best options to fit your timeframe, budget and preferences. We can help with all aspects of your trip, from booking unique accommodations to daily activities and transport between the islands. We are Jill and Javier Moreno, and we'd like to welcome you to our home. We look forward to treating you like family, showing you our favorite places, and ensuring that you have the experience of a lifetime in the amazing and beautiful Galapagos!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“They KNOW what they are doing!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Jill and GA were perfect! From a well traveled family, (and from a husband that complains a lot, ha!) we have NOTHING to complain about. Rita and Joseph were great, in Santa Cruz and Isabela. There was never an issue with pick ups and they were always on time -they were always right there and very flexible and helpful.
From the beginning when I inquired via email from the USA, Jill was great with email correspondence and very flexible. She did not tire of my constant questions and was always patient! We had a little issue with a ferry but I emailed Jill and she emailed back immediately and solved the issue to make us happy :)Thanks so much Jill and GA!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kittieprincess

Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A perfect trip”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

For any marine biologist, visit Galápagos is a dream come true. With my girlfriend, decide to enjoy our holidays with a three island land based tour. Our interest was mostly to spend most of the time watching and photographying the fauna (above and underwater) and landscapes, so all the activities were perfectly organized to fulfill our goals.

We read about Galapagos Alternative in the Rough Guide "Ecuador & Galapagos Islands" and as soon as we sent the first email, the communication was fast, fluent and mainly clear. Just in a few days we had ready our itinerary, hotels, transportation, tours and guides selected according to our interests and optimizing the time watching the fauna.

We contacted other companies and until today, we are still waiting for an answer.

All the hotels selected were excellent choise, both for the location as well as for the service. The small chats every afternoon to know how was the day and the plans for next day, shows clearly how important are customers for this company.

The service provided was flawless and made our time in Galapagos a perfect trip.

1 Thank Avitrek
Breda, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best to organize an unforgettable Galapagos experience for you!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I was not the typical tourist on Galapagos but did my internship at Galapagos Alternative for 5 months. It was an unforgettable experience and I had the chance to get to know the island in an unique way.

Jill and Javier are very nice, warm-hearted and open people with a lovely family! They try everything possible to compile a very personalized and well-thought out itinerary for their guests. Galapagos Alternative only works with locally owned hotels and agencies to support the community. The way they work is very special and people really get to know the local life. If time allows it, they go out for dinner or lunch with their guests, show them around or even take them to their house in Bellavista. Jill and Javier are always available for their passengers and almost work 24/7. I felt more like a friend to them than an intern. If you want to experience the REAL Galapagos you should definitely choose them to plan your trip! They make many suggestions based on your preferences upfront which finally leads to the perfect holiday plan for you.

Their business ethic is very inspriring and everyone is very friendly and interested in you. Great customer service which is rarely the case in Ecuador. You can easily see that they enjoy their jobs and want you to leave the islands happily with amazing memories!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lara-Maureen W
Gainesville, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best Customer Service Ever!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I used GA for a three island, land based trip; everything was customized to our preference. From the beginning, email communication was easy and quick. Itineraries were made and sent with great detail. One of the nice perks for US tourists is that the bank where the money is wired to is in the US and therefore no additional charges (we use BoA).

Customer service with this company is flawless. It is the best we've experienced on any trip. They were there to pick us up from Baltra (hour from the nearest city). Everyday, they find a few minutes to come talk to you about the next day. What to expect, terrain to be navigated, and even suggestions for photographers (whether or not to bring a dry bag, underwater cam, long lens, etc...).

We had a small hiccup when one of our interisland flights was cancelled. We were about 10 minutes into our drive to the airport when we got the call. By the time we were at the hotel, alternative arrangements were made, AND the money that was to be refunded was delivered immediately. I've never had such great service! Each of the islands had their representative that discussed the next day's itinerary with us and service was flawless.

I would recommend this company to anyone travelling to the Galapagos. Their business ethic is what you would expect to be standard with anyone in customer service/relations. Everyone within the company was very friendly and it was apparent that they enjoyed their jobs and cared about their islands.

We stayed at the Casa de Judy, La Casa de Marita, and Iguana Mar y Sol on the islands of Santa Cruz, Isabela, and San Cristobal, respectively. We would recommend all three highly.

3 Thank Imran A
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Effortless Travel”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A friend and I used Galapagos Altnerative to coordinate our limited time in the islands, and I am so glad that we did! They made suggestions based on our length of stay, found a great hotel, tours that targeted our interests, and made this portion of our trip truely a time of leisure. We had a hiccup with a tour, and our liason, Liz, gave us wonderful direction on an alternative plan, and I really think it worked out best for us in the end. We stayed on Santa Cruz, and I would highly recommend Puerto Ayora for anyone with not a lot of time to spend - we saw so much and everything was so convenient. I hope that I make it back to the Galapagos sometime in the future, and I will defiintely use Galapagos Alternative again!

1 Thank Lynsey P