“Stay at Casa Natura”

Galapagos Islands Hotel
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Ayora
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our 5 night stay at Casa Natura. The breakfast was basic, but as we were eating out for the rest of the day it was adequate for us. Our room was large with a nice balcony, comfortable double bed and good size bathroom. The room was well ventilated. All the staff we met were pleasant and helpful. It was a modest walk into the main area of the town, which we enjoyed, taking a different route each time. Just a short walk from the hotel to the Charles Darwin Center. All in all, we thank the Casa Natura for making our stay in Santa Cruz so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet and on the south side, and the sunrise was enjoyable..
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonkinson

Reviewed 19 January 2012

The hotel is ok, rooms are fine, bathrooms too. But its not what it looks like on the web. The swimming pool is tiny and it has been dirty since we arrived (we stayed 4 days) disgusting!!!!!
People are nice and friendly. Worst thing is its location.... Not close to restaurants or commercial area. Definitely overprized!!! There are nicer hotels with better location for same or less money.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 5 are located above the dinning area, so a bit noisy early in the morning.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angeles R
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Large rooms but nowhere near 3 star quality.
- no kleenex
- only one reading light for a triple room
- only one towel for two people
- uneven neighborhood
- air conditioner functioned but directed cold air onto the bed.
- noise from pool area very loud
- curtains not large enough to cover the window area

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This is an easy walk from downtown Puerto Ayoro. Our children's room had multiple beds making it a bargain for multiple students sharing the same room. The rate includes a simple breakfast. The staff is helpful and nice. The bathroom facilities and pool are good. This is also a family friendly type of place.

Room Tip: Internet is only available downstairs in the lounge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My sister and I booked a land tour through this hotel and we spent 2 nights there in total. The hotel is located very close to everything! We were able to walk to the main street within 5 minutes, and there were many restaurants and perfect shopping. The hotel staff was very good, I am not spanish at all, however, and I found that the language could be a problem, but my sister speak spanish pretty well, so we got along well. The breakfast for the first morning was a buffet style, which was a good option, however, the other 2 mornings we were given the breakfasts, so we didn't have the opportunity to choose (this may have been because we were part of the tour as well). Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel, and in fact, this tour. Our tour guide, Juan, and the company working with Casa Natura took really great care with us!

Room Tip: If you have any special requests, email the hotel and I am sure they will do there best to give you...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jho13
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We spend 4 nights at Casa Natura and couldn't be more pleased, location is nice, walking distance to the main avenue where most restaurants, shops and Bars are located.
The staff was very helpful and corteus, made feel us at home, we miss you guys! Our room was spotless and very comfortable.
Definitely will recommend it to our freinds and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I had booked the Casa Natura based on the reviews and also their website which depicts the hotel as a charming boutique hotel. Sadly there was nothing charming about this hotel.

When we arrived to the hotel and I checked out the "pool" area it looked nothing more then a mosquito bathing pool to me and that the property had not been repainted or used in a few years. Our room faced the back, which again was the sad sight of the "pool area" but also just a dismal looking sight of construction around.

The bathroom was ok and we did have hot water but my bedding was stained and also they did not provide mattress pads on the beds which grossed me out, besides the stained bedding. I don't know why they would put down stained sheets to paying customers as they were pretty visible stains.

The hotel does try to scam you on the taxi service so anyone coming in DO NOT Book it with this hotel. They told me it would cost $40 PER PERSON...so $80 for 2 people to take you to town meanwhile the taxi service that is provided by town has a flat fee of $18. This corporation in Quito just is trying to take advantage of people who would book a taxi with them for convenience sake but don't do it. They had no answer to why they would charge per person when i asked considering the driver would be going to the same location. What a scam.

Also same message regarding their tours. I was hesitant to book with them and glad I didn't as they DOUBLED the pricing on what other people paid on tours that our friends at the hotel went on. Not like a 20 dollar surcharge but DOUBLE. A rip off.

I also had problems the evening after I checked in as my company that I used like Expedia did not update the reservation to 2 people as I had asked. The guy working the front desk called at 9pm to say I would have to pay another 100 to stay in the hotel, meanwhile it should have only been $45 according to the travel company. Again, trying to scam the customer out of more money then actually they advertise.

That morning I checked out.

Between the unhygienic bedding, not charming hotel atmosphere and false advertising of pool and breakfast being nothing more then a vat of eggs (not so good) I was happy to leave and switch to a WONDERFUL hotel worth every penny on the Island (Angermeyer)

The only positive experience I had was with Amy, the hotel manager, who was patient and understanding when explaining my disappointment with the hotel.

Its sad that I had already prepaid $600 and nothing could be done for a refund, nor were my complaints to corporate office dealt with as they said "they will get back to me". I wasted so much money and had such a stressful arrival to my trip at the Galapagos.

Don't waste your money here as they will do everything to scam and get yours.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank CherL7
esvede, Director of Sales at Galapagos Islands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

The reservation was made by International Vacation for a single room, not through us. You came to the Hotel with another passenger and therefore had to charge the extra for the additional person but our company did not charge anything extra for the passenger. About the price ($18,00 ) for transportation services, is when the services are public, not private. We apologize for inconveniences, but as I said we did not charge anything for the extra passenger, even we provide all necessary assistance. All services are cheaper, tours, transportation, etc., when they are public and not private services. And we think some photos you upload are not of the Hotel and does not represent our product.