“A home away from home”
Review of Jean's Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Jean's Home
Ranked #21 of 57 Puerto Ayora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Jean's Home is an incredibly cosy guesthouse located just a 2 minute water taxi ride from the docks and city centre. The rooms are clean and spacious and the only sounds you will ever hear is from the many birds as no cars are permitted on this side of the town.
However Jeans Home is much more than just a nice and safe place to stay. When the owner Gundi welcomes you at the dock upon arrival it is like being welcomed by a lost relative you did not know you had. Her ability for making you feel welcomed and at home is unsurpassed, and after living half a lifetime at the uislands she will help to make sure you get the most out of your holidays here.
She also brews the best coffee in Galapagos and her breakfast pancakes are amazing.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon M

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Outstanding stay. I knew that I had picked the right place when I communicated with Gundi. Very good communication. Gundi was there to pick us up when we arrived off the bus at the main dock in Puerto Ayora. She was a wonderful host and went out of her way to accommodate me and my girlfriend. The bungalow in the back had ample space and a huge bed with almost 220 degrees of windows all around. Gundi served a delicious and ample breakfast and the facilities are run with a sharp Teutonic eye and attention to detail. Lots of hot water and fresh towels so go out and you can come back to a great shower. I love places like this, like staying at home and having an over indulgent parent. My girlfriend is recovering from a stroke and Gundi made ever effort to accommodate our needs. She is a people person and highly personable. Ask her for recommendations, she steered me to great destinations and sights. She has lived here a long time so use her knowledge on planning itineraries. Highly recommend and I would come back here in a heartbeat.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NevG
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Gundi is unbelievably helpful in planning a stay in the Galápagos Islands. She has recommendations for things to do and tours to take on each of the islands. Jean's home is spotless and the rooms are very comfortable. Gundi cooks a large breakfast every day. The location is a 3 minute ferry ride to the center of town. We had a great hike to Las Grietas which is about 20 minutes from the property. If you like personal attention, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Parttwo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience at Jean's House last week. We are so pleased we selected this beautiful house to enjoy our Galapagos vacation. Gundi keeps the house in mint condition and ensured we had a delicious breakfast each morning to start our day. She helped us plan our days and even helped us prepare our live lobsters for dinner. We had great conversations about the history of the islands and her passion really shows. I highly recommend Jean's House when visiting Galapagos. Nothing else compares. It will truly be a highlight of your vacation with many memories to cherish. We will never forget our time there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol K
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have to say, I was a little unsure at staying at a b&b as I like my privacy when I am vacationing. But we felt truly comfortable from the moment we arrived at the dock. Gundi was waiting when we arrived and picked up as many suitcases as she could handle, and along we went. The water taxi only takes a minute, but what I soon realized, is that they are only a couple minutes away from everything in town, but the place is quiet and truly peaceful, so you can relax which I am sure you would not experience in a hotel in the town itself. Gundi provided an amazing homemade breakfast and gave us plenty of valuable advice for our stay, but after we were left alone to relax and given ample privacy. She was available when we needed her however, and after we left to return home, Gundi called to mention our daughter had forgotten a stuffed animal. Without hesitation she promptly shipped the item to us without us even asking. It was a very special item for our daughter, but Gundi did not know this, and we are truly grateful for her thoughtfulness. She also provided toys to keep our kids entertained and they had ample space to feel comfortable, rather then being cooped up in a hotel room, as they had been at other points in our vacation.

I would not hesitate to recommend this location to friends, and if you truly want a place to feel comfortable and peaceful, I highly recommend. If you are more into the entertainment/partying atmosphere, you may be better off to stay in a hotel on the main drag in Puerto Ayora.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank michaelodeon
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Upon my delayed arrival Puerto Ayora, Gundi was waiting for me at the dock like a long lost friend. A quick boat taxi ride and we disembarked near Jean's Home. Gundi is your host and she is amazing-- she was born on the Islands and she knows everything and everybody. Ask about the history of this home as it is a marvelous story about another amazing woman-- Jean. The place is storybook, cozy, great amenities and very near La Playa de Alemans and Las Gretias. Both are in walking distance from Jean's Home and worth your time. The house is super organized, clean, spacious rooms and top shelf showers. Breakfast is huge and lovely.

The islands made me feel as though I was Alice in Wonderland as I was constantly coming across animals for which I had never seen and landscape that seemed surreal. One of my best trips ever!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank milonga_11
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed in Jean's Home in late April / early June for four nights. It was a great place to stay. Gundi (who runs the place and cooks a great breakfast every morning for you) was incredibly helpful. She met us on the dock at Puerto Ayora when we arrived looking lost, she was full of advice for the best places to go in the limited days that we had available to us, she probably saved me from sunstroke and she even gave me a birthday present on my birthday! The room was spacious with lots of light. The bathroom was grand. You have full access to the kitchen and lounge area - so you can do self catering if you want. But there are lots of great places to eat a short walk or boat trip away. And great walks down to the beach / water from the property as well. You need to get a short 3 minute water taxi out to Jean's Home, but this is just another reason to love the place - the taxi service is regular, cheap and easy. Wi-fi is not really running properly at the moment, but Gundi is looking to fix that soon. A fine place to stay.

Room Tip: You can stay in a room in the main house or a self contained bungalow in the garden. We stayed in a...