“Great location and the owner is so friendly”
Review of Hostal Elizabeth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hostal Elizabeth
Ranked #38 of 57 Puerto Ayora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Located just 1 min from the center and the harbour, and on the main street.
The rooms are not fancy, but clean and nice.
Felipe, the owner, is an amazing person and so helpful, e.g. arranging trips etc.
Try to get a room on one of the higher floors.
Free wifi as well.

Room Tip: One of the top floors
1  Thank Peterkjeldsen

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We went there because of the good rating in tripadvisor, and had to check several times if it’s the right place. Something must have changed for this gap between recommendations and the reality! The room was not so clean (someone's clipped toenails in the drawer…), the bathroom was so tiny you had to squeeze yourself in; to get in the shower we had to step over the toilet. The owner did not understand English and communication was impossible. Wifi works only in one certain location in the yard: next to the outside wall of the reception room, so if it's raining (which is not uncommon) you can't sit there, not to mention that most of the chairs in the yard are broken and dangerous to sit on.
On the plus side – there is so much to do in Galapagos, the time spent in the hostel is minimal, and there was always hot water.
I recommend finding better places than Nuevo Elizabeth!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I choose this hotel because of the rating but it realy disapointed me. Noone there really spoke much english while I was there. Bathroom was smelly (not sure if it was cleaned properly) and I got electricuted turning the tap (shower) off. They provided 1 towel for 2 of us. I might have been unlucky and got the bad room #16. Who knows...

Room was basic, which we didn't mind but power point was very flimsy.

Good things were location and wifi. This place is on the main street near all the restaurants though this town is small enough nowhere is too far to walk. Wifi was slow but faster than the other hotel we stayed in (hotel Ninfa).

Room Tip: #16 has good view from balcony but the room is not good enough to my liking.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace P
Reviewed 3 July 2012

what a great couple: Felipe and his mother!
he was so helpfull, called for me everyone, made up plans where to go/ visit
great location
free WIFI and water 24h
i was by myself but never felt alone
gracias, muy amable

1  Thank torro24
Reviewed 19 June 2012

As other travelers have commented, this hotel is cheap, clean and has a fantastic location. The owner speaks excellent English (an odd rarity in a place relying on international tourism!) and can help with all types of information. He recommended a few great restaurants and arranged my trip to the airport the next morning including stops at the turtle farm, the lava tunnel and the caldera - and even managed to haggle down the price. Definitely recommended!

2  Thank Stefan Z
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend for one night only, but i wish we stayed here for the duration of our entire stay in Galapagos. From my experience, this is the best cheap ($15-20 per person per night) hotel in Puerto Ayora. Here is why:
- The owner is an awesome dude. Funny and very eager to help. He told us about very cool places around town, and helped us get a good deal on the cab back to Baltra airport.
- The hotel is right in the heart of Puerto Ayora, in the center of Charles Darwin avenue, short walking distance to all the restaurants, the bank, the port, most travel agencies and the Charles Darwin station.
- The Wi-Fi is free and pretty decent (none of the other hostels we stayed in Puerto Ayora had wi-fi).
- The showers actually had hot water. Also a very rare feature in Puerto Ayora in my experience.
- The rooftop of the hotel has a very nice view of the port and the town. Check it out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivan N
Luis Felipe A, Propietario at Hostal Elizabeth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear guests Ivan and girlfriend. We thank you for your comment and rating, we will always be working to improve and give the best service to all guests. Thank you again for the detailed comment and we are at your service whenever you wish to return. Best regards.
Luis Felipe.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel Nuevo Elizabeth is a great place to stay. I stayed here for 3 nights(without a reservation) . There is free WI-FI internet access at the lobby. Moreover, owner Felipe was extremely nice to me. If there is something you want to do in the Galapagos he can help you. I absolutely would recommend you stay here. Muchas gracias(many thanks) Felipe !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo