“The staff make it worthwhile....”
Review of Hostal Elizabeth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hostal Elizabeth
Ranked #38 of 57 Puerto Ayora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We spent our first night in Puerto Ayora at Hostal Elizabeth on the recommendation of a friend. Cheap accommodation and the staff are lovely, but we did find much better rooms for just a little more $. The beds are super comfy but the room was tiny, as was the bathroom, kind of have to sit sideways on the toilet if you are tall! The shower was hot, but the heating system appears a tad unsafe lol. Overall, a good introduction to Galapagos. (oh and it's right next door to The Rock, a great bar with nice food!)

Room Tip: we were on the ground floor, possibly a good view of the water from the upper floors?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 days after 2 nights at another place 3 usd cheaper but l wanted hot water for after snorkeling. It was clean and comfortable with a lovely lady owner. She helped me when l had problems with a tour agency and due to her advice, l didn't lose all the money after consulting the ministry of tourism. She gave me a small leaving present, a bracelet. Very sweet. Though l didn't use it, rooms have tv. I liked the rooms had a few furnitures to keep your things , rather than just a bed. This is a really good budget option with amazing location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. At $20 a night for a room to myself with a double bed and a hot shower (this was in low season) was fantastic value.
I had my camera stolen whikst staying in Galapagos, and Felipe was incredibly helpful, sending a friend of his to the police station to help translate etc.
Some of the rooms higher up have views to the sea, if you dob't mibd dragging your luggage up several flights of stairs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 5 days in this house right at Av. Charles Darwin. The shower was hot and had WiFi in our room which was really good value for Galapagos. The owner was extremely friendly with us and we can definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Well, my husband and I had been in this hostal 2 nights. Rooms were clean, price normal for Galapagos( $39,20 for a night in double room),near Malecon, and very cool owner. He helped in everything, said nice places to visit in Galapagos, were to eat and in all was very friendly. I recommend this place for a people who don't search very comfortable place, but just want to visit new places in the world.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights. The rooms are not luxury but clean and the price is compared to other places on the galapagos very cheap. Felipe helps you with everything and knows all about the galapagos!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Spent 4 nights at this place. It's cheap (for Galapagos), very clean and great location in the center in front of the ocean. But what stands out the most is the owners dedication to service beyond anything I have ever seen, a true WOW-experience.

Felipe would not only help us with recommendations and guidance to all the sights on the island, but also he fixed my watch (I didn't even ask him) and helped me with a great deal of other stuff that I would normally only trust and ask of someone I knew very very well. He has a genuine care and curiosity for his guests and never asked for anything in return.

Felipe and his mom made us feel comfortably relaxed, like being home with friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple