“Staffs here made the most of my trip!”
Review of Hostal Elizabeth

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hostal Elizabeth
Ranked #38 of 56 Puerto Ayora B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I had only two nights and three days at galapagos islands, and I spent all the nights at this hotel. What I liked the most about the hotel is staffs here. I was a solo female traveler and they tried their best to make my trip the most of it in such a short time. I did not even waste a single minute thanks to them. Once I went back to the hotel around 4 afternoon after the diving, and the owner pushed me to visit a nice place. He taught me how to get there and made me run, even though I did not even know I was heading to the beach! I had only flip flaps so he let me use his shoes ( He asked for $50 but I took it as a joke and did not pay). There are many funny stories like that and it was because of them that I had so much fun there even though I was alone. Another stuff spoke little English but helped me a lot such as wifi, shower, borrowing maps and so on. I hope I have a chance to visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ayako K

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We booked here prior to arrival and we got twin share when we wanted a double. The room was tiny and the bathroom was even smaller. We felt we could shower and go to the toilet at the same time. We decided to leave the toilet door open as it was impossible to sit on the toilet with the door close.

The door to the room was stuffed and could be opened with as small push. We told the owner who fixed it temporarily but made it sound like we were tugging with full force. There were ants on the bed, which we told the owner who said he'd take care of it. Unfortunately we came back to see there were still ants later on. We understand that its Galapagos, but it was more than normal.

This hostel is on Charles Darwin avenue, however we managed to find cheaper and better places around the corner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I feel bad writing this since the owners are so nice. They are very knowledgeable about the island and are super helpful. But, the place is very rundown and noisy. The rooms in the pictures look nothing like the rooms we were shown. We were planning to stay four nights, but we had to go to another place after just one night. First of all, the walls are paper thin, and you can hear everything going on outside. The rooms are super small, barely fitting a bed. The walls were dirty and the bathroom (not really a separate room) was a joke. Every time you turned on the sink it would leak on the floor. You had to sit sideways on the toilet due to lack of space. For just a few bucks more, you can stay in a WAY better place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We spent our first night in Puerto Ayora at Hostal Elizabeth on the recommendation of a friend. Cheap accommodation and the staff are lovely, but we did find much better rooms for just a little more $. The beds are super comfy but the room was tiny, as was the bathroom, kind of have to sit sideways on the toilet if you are tall! The shower was hot, but the heating system appears a tad unsafe lol. Overall, a good introduction to Galapagos. (oh and it's right next door to The Rock, a great bar with nice food!)

Room Tip: we were on the ground floor, possibly a good view of the water from the upper floors?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 days after 2 nights at another place 3 usd cheaper but l wanted hot water for after snorkeling. It was clean and comfortable with a lovely lady owner. She helped me when l had problems with a tour agency and due to her advice, l didn't lose all the money after consulting the ministry of tourism. She gave me a small leaving present, a bracelet. Very sweet. Though l didn't use it, rooms have tv. I liked the rooms had a few furnitures to keep your things , rather than just a bed. This is a really good budget option with amazing location.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed here for a few nights. At $20 a night for a room to myself with a double bed and a hot shower (this was in low season) was fantastic value.
I had my camera stolen whikst staying in Galapagos, and Felipe was incredibly helpful, sending a friend of his to the police station to help translate etc.
Some of the rooms higher up have views to the sea, if you dob't mibd dragging your luggage up several flights of stairs!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 5 days in this house right at Av. Charles Darwin. The shower was hot and had WiFi in our room which was really good value for Galapagos. The owner was extremely friendly with us and we can definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple