“Very good pizza”

La Dolce Italia
Ranked #53 of 59 Restaurants in Puerto Ayora
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours
Description: 2 For 1 Pizza On Thursdays!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Needed a quick bite. Great pizza. Quick service. No frills. A must if you are in a hurry. The staff was very friendly and the place was spotless. We discovered it only on our last couple of days. A pity.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I came here because of the great reviews. Family ordered 3 pizzas that was less than average. We ordered the Margherita, hawaiian and Bolognese Pizza. Not one of the pizzas contained any red sauce at all. The Margherita was white with not one drop of sauce. When we brought this to the attention of the waiter, he argued that it did have sauce, but when we showed him the crust and the cheese with nothing in between, he couldn't say much. Additionally, they charged as a service tax that was equal to almost 20% but he stated it was not the gratuity. After he knew no unhappy we were with the pizzas, they still did not do anything to make it right. It was too expensive to pay for something that we didn't like.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Great service,great food!We had dinner there,ordered pizza and pasta with hamand cream chees.Everything is fresh and tasty. Apparently there is an Italian chef in charge. Nice coctails.Very good value for money. Pizzas from 8 usd.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The location and ambiance is very good. The food, pizza anyways, was average for South America. The poor rating comes from finishing your meal and the waiter telling us they cannot accept credit cards despite the emblems on the doors and at the cash register. I have found that many South American restaurants say they take credit cards and then refuse to to avoid the processing fees or add a processing fee to your check. This dinner experience had all the makings of they wanted cash and lied about the credit cards. If I am wrong, then my apologies, but I don't think so. I recommend anyone traveling in South America to ask first if they can accept credit cards or if there is a fee added. It will save a lot of aggravation.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I loved this place! I ordered the pesto pizza, and it was so delicious. I ate 1/2 for dinner, and took the other 1/2 home and brought it to the beach the next day.

I ate at a different pizza place, and there is no comparison.
If you want good pizza, eat here. This was my best meal on the island hands down!