“Beautiful resort”

Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Puerto Ayora
Reviewed 11 February 2013

After some days in lazy calm Isabela we arrvied back to Puerto Ayora and its hectic boat taxi activity. The Finch Bay Hotel is also more frentic, upscale, big with a large professional structure, Well-trained employees, courtesy all-around, clean rooms, all that for expensive $720 / night (2+1).

The breakfast is very bug, those that inlcude a noontime meal in it (rice, beans, shrimp, beef, etc.). You can chiise swimming in the large pool, or just give 10 steps and you are in a local's popular beach, with warm water and som snorkeling potencial. If you lile mingling with locals that's the place to be.

I recommend this hotel if you are not on a budget and if you are not in the 24x7 adventure mode, hanging around there at the pool watching the time go by is not a bad option indeed,

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank truccolo

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Comfortable rooms (with air-conditioning) and general areas with excellent freshly cooked food and friendly helpful service from all the staff - manager downwards. Nice swimming pool and plenty of shade.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2013

My review is a little late. I stayed here Dec 10-19 of 2011. Turned out this was the PERFECT time to visit because it was soon after Thanksgiving, yet a little before the Christmas and New Years rush. The Hotel was maybe 50% full. Half the time the daily cruises had 3 guests on board. There were more workers than tourists!

The meals were excellent, like works of art.
The rooms and grounds are pristine. Clean, modern and quiet. They have their own water filtration system so there is no need to worry about the water quality.

Their naturalist and guides are excellent. Extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The tours are amazing. The Snorkeling is amazing.

What isn't amazing about this place? Nothing!

The only bad thing I can think of is by the end of my trip i was absolutely craving beef! I had to make a special trip into town to grab a hamburger at a bar. Which, by the way, was more like chopped steak formed into a patty. YUM!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mitchsn
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at Finch Bay in early Nov 2012. A very quiet, clean and friendly hotel. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. Visits to surrounding islands are easily arranged. The kitchen staff always delivers something special each evening.

To top it off, my husband left his cell phone at the hotel, we discovered this just before we were going to fly home. The hotel manager, Carlos, sent the phone with a staff member and brought it to our hotel in Quito before we left. Can you imagine this level of service!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We loved every moment of our five day stay. The daily trips with a small yacht brought us to different islands where wild life is plantiful .
My husband went snorkeling every day under the supervision of experienced guides.
We both loved being guided by Mario, he was our preferred guide during our trip.
Breakfast was early but everyone was on time. Lunch was always prepared and served on the yacht. The dinner was at the hotel, food was great . We found great company and made friends with other tourists.We will return for a second trip.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spent two nights here following a cruise around the islands, and was sorry I didn't arrange for three! We had an ocean view room, which was spacious and comfortable with excellent bathroom facilities. Breakfasts were great, and dinner was also excellent, though we found it a little odd that the only starters on offer for dinner were soups. The pool and facilities around it were smashing, including the very attentive staff. Two reservations: the walk from the water taxi when you arrive with luggage is tedious and unnecessary, especially as the hotel has facilities to take Suitcases from you. Secondly, the walls between the bedrooms are VERY thin, with inevitable aural consequences!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed at Finch Bay for two nights after spending 8 days cruising the islands (see my review on the Anahi yacht). Off the beaten path, you take a water taxi for a few minutes to a shared pier, and then walk about 10 minutes down a path. Then, there it is! a lovely hotel. I spent a lot of time searching for hotels, and glad I decided on Finch Bay. I chose this place because they have a beach and a pool, most hotels here do not. My friend was there for a day on her own while myself and two others went diving. The manager, Xavier (aka Tito, from Quito) spent time with her and she had a nice day just relaxing by the pool. The breakfast was very nice, good selection of items and fresh juices. Free wifi in the lobby area, although the signal isn't the greatest. When I got to the hotel after diving, I arrived to find two bottles of wine and a card from my boyfriend, who arranged it via email with Xavier. What a nice surprise and Xavier was great at arranging that. Spent a fun night just playing cards in the lobby on their comfy chairs and drinking our wine. The rooms are good sized and clean. Hammocks for each room is a nice touch. I wish I could have stayed another day. Thanks Finch Bay!

Room Tip: We just had a garden view room which was just fine. From what I could see I bet the rooms with the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends