We stayed here after having spent several days on the M/V Legend visiting the islands. It's an excellent hotel with good facilities, lovely pool area, and a great location. Though there are hotel options in town we loved the calmness and easy-going relaxation that we found here. The rooms are very well appointed and food in the (pricey) restaurant was excellent as was the service.
As this was a pit-stop between a cruise and an amazon lodge stay it was also a great...if pricey...place to do laundry as this is not possible in the eco-lodges or on the ships.
Most guests were out on day trips so for us it was like a private hotel during the day
All in all, this is a great upper-end boutique-style hotel and I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and getaroom.com so you can book your Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz