We stayed for 10 days at this beautiful hotel. We found the service to be exceptional and all the staff were very responsive to any needs. If we could give six stars we would. Carlos was an absolute gem! Within an evening he knew all our names and took such exceptional care of us. My son was feeling ill one evening, overtired and motion sick. Carlos noticed and immediately set about making him a special ginger tea to make him feel better! It worked like a charm. Also after discovering I had forgotten my toothbrush on arrival I enquired at the desk if they had any. They right away arranged for the "panga" or water taxi driver to get me one from town and had it waiting at the desk by the time we finished dinner.
The food was fantastic, a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. We very much enjoyed tasting the gourmet and Ecuadorian specialties. The breakfast buffet had a great variety of tasty dishes and they were refilled quite speedily.
The setting is quiet and beautiful and we enjoyed watching the variety of birds that came to visit the pool. We loved to see the sea lion that came to rest on the beach at the hotel one morning as well.
During the daily short walk to the water taxi dock we always saw marine iguanas, lava lizards and lots of birds. The hotel had their own water taxi and we never had to wait more than a few minutes for the short ride to town.
We did all our tours through the hotel and without exception they were well planned and we were well looked after. Our guides Valentin, and Soto were a wealth of knowledge, very patient and we were definitely given lots of time to take photos and ask questions. Having a guide meet us as we arrived was also a great help to guide us through the arrival process.
We stayed in the ocean view rooms and found them to be spacious, well-appointed, and very clean. The hotel provided us with fresh drinking water daily in our rooms and also refillable water bottles to take on our tours. Very helpful!
We were sad to leave and would go back to this hotel again in a heart beat if possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Finch Bay Eco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz