I'm not going to start describing the Galapagos because if you're reading this you already know how spectacular it is. That said, the Finch Bay resort was one of the most charming, accomodating and well-kept resorts I've ever stayed at, replete with great service in a third world environment.
The staff there just can;t do enough for you from the moment you arrive! More opillows, a roll-away bed, ice...whatever it is, they are there within minutes with a smile and charm. The forst day my young daughter got some sunburn and the manager, who is a hands-on, do anything guy, showed up immediately with a huge plate of drippy, freshly cut aloe; it looked liek a spectacular dessert and needless to say, it soothed her sunburn immensely! There was no end to the extra amenities. The food was also wonderful, especially theor BBQ night which was wonderful with a South American flair. Keep in mind that you're out of your room most of the day but when you return there is a spotlessly clean room awaiting you after an exhausting day. The management's staff are all sweet and charming as well with no request too difficult. Another word about the hotel manager.unlike many who keep themselves barricaded in their offices protected by their minions, Tito is more like the Mait're d at a fine restaurant. He is always there and he is always asking if there's anything he can do for you. All I ask is how can you go wrong when you have a great resort to begin with, and a staff that is constantly looking for ways to make it even better? It IS Paradise...and I didn't want to leave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-rooms and 6 Ocean View suites hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yacht. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Galapagos Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz