We did the Red Mangrove land-based 6-day 5-nights tour, and frankly it was amazing. The tour was very professionally managed and very well run. Every aspect was well thought-out. We had such packed itineraries every single day that clearly it was meant to maximize our exposure to every aspect of life in the Galapagos. The Red Mangrove lodges we stayed at were very nice – except for the lodge at Floreana, which has more of a rustic charm, the remaining two lodges were nicer than many 4 star hotels, with killer views to boot. The rooms were spacious, beautifully decorated, squeaky clean, and even had ipod players. At the Santa Cruz lodge, we found sea lions napping next to chairs on the patio, and marine iguanas hanging out under the patio tables. The views from the Floreana lodge were beautiful, and the Isabela lodge sat on a very beautiful pristine beach – we could be on the sandy beach with spectacular views within a minute of our rooms. Overall, the experience was wonderful.
Service at the Red Mangrove lodges was consistently very professional and very customer-oriented, and the food was consistently delicious, healthy and fresh. A really nice touch was whenever we would return to the lodges after a bunch of activities, feeling kinda tired, someone would greet us at the entrance with drinks and snacks – often with really nice hot chocolate.
I also can’t say enough good things about Carlos Malo, our tour guide for the 6-day tour. He was tireless, full of enthusiasm and charm and humor, and a consummate professional to the core. Our tour group of six included two adults and a senior from our end, i.e. my mom. Thanks to Carlos’ constant helpfulness and commitment to making sure every single person got the most out of their experience, my mom had a fantastic time as well and was able to participate in and enjoy almost every single activity programs in the itinerary. Carlos has been a tour guide at the Galapagos for 17 years, has a level 5 rating and spoke just perfect English, so we really lucked out in having him as our constant companion. Overall, we had a simply amazing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz