I had saved for a while to go to Galapagos paradise, by checking at the internet I found what seemed to be a great hotel to accomplish my dream of visiting the islands.
All went well until arrival. The hotel is very nicely built, and the location is beautiful, but for the rest is, a charade.
I was intended to stay for some days, but my first problem came out with a careless management. The manager, a young fellow did not care at all about my needs, he was busy in other matters and not in the customers.
The room was smelly and dark, and no door separating the toilet.
The restaurant offers maninly sushi and very little choice of other food
But the best came afterwards.
One night there was a conmotion going on inside one of the corridors and the result was a gunpoint robery in the hotel. Fortunately none of the guests was hurt, but I don't want to imagine what could have happeneed if someone was on the way.
Due to this problem I found out a couple of things I would like to share
1.-The trip they organize to other islands have had several accidents during the navigation, and the owners have paid to avoid this information to become public
2.-I was told the owners themselves write "good" reviews in trip advisor to counterbalance the bad reports writen here.
In general my experience was not good and do not recommend to go to this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Water front lodge, with the best view of the bay, enjoy our own all inclusive adventure rates, including your daily adventures to explore the Island. Enjoy food and drinks in our Restaurant Deck ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Aventura Lodge Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz