The Red Mangrove lodge in Puerto Ayora is in a lovely situation right on the beach with good sized and well-kept rooms. However the service in the restaurant is poor and the food itself is really not good (though compared to the Red Mangrove on Isabela its amazing!). I went there as part of a tour and on my first night dinner consisted of four chicken wings - of which only two were edible - and fries. Needless to say I left pretty sharpish and ate out in the town. Red Mangrove is expensive by Galapagos standards and the food should reflect that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Red Mangrove is an oceanfront hotel with the best views of Academy Bay, located in Puerto Ayora. The hotel is the perfect place for Galapagos visitors to stay considering many activities like snorkeling, hiking, beaches, swimming, kayaking, and visiting the Charles Darwin Center are just minutes away. Why else is the Red Mangrove a good decision? For those who are prone to seasickness the hotel gives you a stay where you feel just like you're on the water with the option to choose different packages with the activities mentioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Red Mangrove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mangrove Aventura Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Red Mangrove Aventura
- Red Mangrove Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz