This hotel was booked as part of an organized trip. Despite a rather positive first impression, agreeable surroundings, little inside courtyard set with plants, tables and chairs, good location between the town center (10-15 min walk) and the Charles Darwin Foundation, use of the swimming pool and the bedrooms were spacious and clean, we were disappointed by what follows.
Indeed a few people in the group had things stolen from their rooms, cash, i-pod, watches as well as personal belongings and sometimes locks on bags were forced.
The hotel manager wasn’t interested in taking any responsibilities whether the actions were done by his employees, others clients or visitors to the hotel. So since his help wasn’t forthcoming the guests concerned spent their last afternoon in the Police Station to report their stolen goods. So if you wish to enjoy your stay on the island do not go anywhere near this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Fernandina is a warm and welcoming place where you can stay either alone, with family or friends and enjoy your visit to the Galapagos Islands, allowing us to provide you an excellent service as you deserve. We offer 22 rooms with air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and WiFi. We are located in a very quiet residential area just 10 minutes from the Charles Darwin Station and few minutes from the main attractions of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Fernandina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernandina Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Fernandina Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz