After staying in La Laguna on Isabela for 3 nights (which is gorgeous by the way) we were a little disappointed with our 2 nights in Fernandina. The food was good and decent portions. I was given a twin room on the ground floor and my parents a king room on the first floor. I immediately asked to be moved rooms as it was mouldy and smelled musty. They took this on board and moved me to the biggest room on the top floor, which was pretty nice.
The seating areas were quite nicely decorated; however the pool area of the room was shabby. We intended to use the pool but quickly decided against it when we saw the state of it - it was filthy and there were loads is floating particles of dirt in the water and dead bugs. Also, sadly, no decent sun loungers. There were a few but most of them broken.
Overall, this hotel made a decent stay for 2 nights but I wouldn't really recommend staying there for a longer stretch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Fernandina is a warm and welcoming place where you can stay either alone, with family or friends and enjoy your visit to the Galapagos Islands, allowing us to provide you an excellent service as you deserve. We offer 22 rooms with air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and WiFi. We are located in a very quiet residential area just 10 minutes from the Charles Darwin Station and few minutes from the main attractions of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Fernandina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernandina Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Fernandina Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz