The staff at Hotel Fernandina are a family. When my girlfriend got the flu there with a very high fever everyone went far above and beyond to help. They told us about an english-speaking doctor less than 2 blocks away and when we started walking there the owner showed up in his pick up truck to offer to drive us the rest of the way. We had originally requested a quiet room and they gave us a family-sized room for the same price as the regular double. Everyone kept asking how she was feeling and how they could help, and just kept going above and beyond to help, and when we kept having to change our plans due to sickness, they were still so helpful.
A little more about the hotel-- it's in a very quiet part of town (which was exactly what we had wanted), a ten-minute walk to the downtown tourist area. But there's a laundromat next door, a pharmacy 2 blocks away, it's a few blocks to a bakery and market, etc. It's really quite accessible.
All in all, it's a comfortable hotel, amenities were great, staff were awesome, and I'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Fernandina is a warm and welcoming place where you can stay either alone, with family or friends and enjoy your visit to the Galapagos Islands, allowing us to provide you an excellent service as you deserve. We offer 22 rooms with air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water and WiFi. We are located in a very quiet residential area just 10 minutes from the Charles Darwin Station and few minutes from the main attractions of the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Fernandina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernandina Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Fernandina Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz