“Great Place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We always enjoy our near weekly visits to Mamma Rosa. Great service, casual yet romantic atmosphere, many choices from their menu.

1  Thank AnneMarieABC

Reviewed 2 December 2013

When I travel and have to stay in an area for a certain period of time I like to find safe, clean restaurants as many times I bring clients from abroad and one way to assure they have a Safe eating experience is to check out different places prior to their arrivals. One of the problems I found in Some Countries is cleanness especially in the kitchens. So one check I do is I ask the owner or manager if they would let me look at their kitchen, If they say no then i don't come back as they are generally hiding something. Mamma Rosa's allowed me to view their kitchen and It was very comforting to see how clean it was and how their staff is very well trained in preparation and storage of food to ensure us weak stomach foreigners don't get ill from bad food. So having seen this I can go there and feel comfortable with what ever I eat. I have eaten in Restaurants all over the world and I have to say not many make me want to you return however this restaurant is one that makes me crave their Excellent Carpaccio and Camarones Apanados. I could live on those appetizers!!!! Their main dishes are Excellent and very flavourful. It's a must try for those looking for a safe, clean affordable Restaurant in Manta.

2  Thank BLUFOREST
Reviewed 27 November 2013

"Wow" is the one word that comes to mind to describe Mamma Rosa! My first impression of walking into the restaurant was how beautiful it was which is something you don't expect from the street...very romantic with soft lights & restaurant filled with plants & beautiful architecture. The night we were in, there was a couple celebrating a special occasion & the waiters had placed balloons, candles, and roses around their table in a private area...very well done. We ordered the 4 cheese ravioli & mixed grill which was exceptional. Then finished off the meal with creme brulee & the best espresso I've had in Ecuador (as good as you'll find in Italy). The owner (Laura) then showed us upstairs to a new air-conditioned seating area along with a VIP room for those who want AC during the hot time of the year. We heard music from around the corner & she said they had a birthday in the karaoke room...she showed us the room with a group having a great time & they even invited us to sing with them. So a few songs later (& a few more cocktails!), we had one of the best nights of our life. If you're looking for great food, wonderful ambience, & some fun, don't miss Mamma Rosa!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

when in manta always go mamma rosa! we just got back an had another great meal , matter of fact we stayed the whole night enjoying the wonderful place. the food was great , an the owners are wonderful, make you feel very welcome.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

A big menu featuring Italian and local fare. The restaurant is owned by a local and her American husband. Food is great, service is fast and the bar is usually busy on the weekends. A nice place to meet locals and visitors/expats alike.