“Seafood at its best”

Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Manta
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is definitely one of the best restaurants in Manta.
All seafood is 100% fresh and prepared to your order ... so sometimes you have wait longer. Staff is very keen to give any explanations and suggestions to make your dinning experience here the best one.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Second time I have dined here in the last month. The food is truly delicious and beautifully presented. Today was a feast with Tuna Tataki, Scallops au Gratin, crab claws in butter, a ceasar salad, pasta and delicious crepes for desert. And no, it wasn't just me, there were 3 of us. Really great stuff. However, the wait staff is reminiscent of a hotel dining room. Much hand waving, trying to catch the eye......and then when she did arrive, it was one of those awkward "order everything you want now" moments, as she couldn't seem to grasp pacing the meal. Both times we had the same experience.........probably sat for 10-12 minutes today before even been asked for a beverage order. We also had a full glass of red wine spilled on us today.......including clothes, and were whisked to a neighboring table, but no real apology, offer to pay for dry cleaning, or maybe even comp a glass of wine. Accidents happen, so it wasn't a big deal, but just another example of how the fine dining stops with the dining. Servers need retraining in etiquette, timing and table awareness.

Despite the 2.5 star service, I would go back just for the food. Simply delicious.

2  Thank megoreilly
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Locals recommended this restaurant as the best in Manta and I tend to agree. This is the only restaurant my husband and I recurrently visited while in Manta. The seafood and fish dishes were sublime. You can order anything and will be thrilled with your plate, I know because we did! I do not if you have to make reservations because be dined early each time, but the restaurant filled quickly, even though it has lots of tables. Martinica offers good ambiance, it is nice for family, friends and even business colleagues. HIgh quality, fair prices, superb service, nice area, and to top all of that, the guard at the entrance even calls a cab for you and helps you in. I am missing this restaurante already.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This came highly recommended. It had a great atmosphere. The food was good. We didn't think we would go back there in the short time that we had in Manta, as we preferred our hotel restaurant.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is great food, great service, great drinks, and great drink prices. Nice ambience and the owners are really nice. There is a security guard out in front to help you into cabs, help you into your car, etc. Having lived in Manta, I know the restaurants. This one is great and in a good neighborhood. You will love the duck appetizer !!!!!!!! The Italian food is great. Salads are really incredible. Just all around a great restaurant !!!!!!