“Plenty of lun and some fun”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lun Fun Manta
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Manta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pussellawa, Sri Lanka
“Plenty of lun and some fun”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently stayed here for 3 nights during my visit and I loved all the lun that I received. The rooms were lovely and the service of Luns complimented the rooms. I found it abit to hard and rough but for the price it's extremely value for money. The location is great!

Overall loved my stay and I had plenty of lun with some fun!

SP

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank SP198

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Suwanee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I visited Ecuador for the first time in Feb, I ended up staying here the last day of my trip. I wish I would of stayed here first. This is a nice hotel in the older part of town but still safe and clean. I did have a beer at the bar but did not try the restaurant. Everything here looks to be 4 stars it is being renovated in some places but its great nice clean lobby with a C store and a Full Service BAR. The operations manager there was a very nice lady and her English is perfect. She was very sweet. I don't remember her name though. The room was ok, and I say this only because the a/c unit was loud. I had ear plugs so I used them. There is a Taxi stand and bus stand really close and can catch a taxi easily.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank James G
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I don't normally leave a review but I stayed here for 2weeks and a few days extra just because I was haven a good time. great food great service , I think that is all I need to say . would stay there again no problems, room was clean good hot water and internet worked fine for me. from Jamie Hendricks Canada, and I think Americans should not stay there, wreck everyone else fun

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jimmy h
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I hate writing bad reviews but I just had to warn others about this hotel. My family and I live in NY,NY, have traveled extensively and stayed in various hotels (some budget hotels, some luxury hotels). Manta was one of the cities we decided to stop and rest during our week long car trip in which we are visiting various cities/towns in Ecuador. Hotel Lun Fun was one of the first hotels we saw. When we arrived, we asked about the prices and asked to see a room (something that is common in Ecuador). The receptionist, Celia, said they don't show potential guests the rooms since its a "hotel de primera clase" (first class hotel) and that we could see what the rooms look like from the pictures online. When I asked for the wifi code so I could look at the pics on my iPhone, she said the codes are only given out to guests. When I asked if she could show me the pics on her computer, she said no. When my mother asked to use the bathroom, Celia said no. Once I was able to get wifi and look at the pictures online of the hotel, the only pics I could find were close up pics of a bed, a pillow, the lobby. There were no pics of the room. I can only assume the worst and given the previous reviews, there's no way the rooms are "first class". Additionally, from a sign I saw at the bottom of the stairs, they are still under renovations. Since I noticed that Celia responds to the reviews, hopefully she or the owners can read this review and improve upon their customer service. (I am a relationship manager for a major company so I understand customer service).

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shirleygue
Celia H, Operation Manager at Hotel Lun Fun Manta, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Miss Shirley,
We really appreciate your review, your comments are really important for us.
We are sorry if we did not feel your expectations. Our staff is very guest oriented and ready to provide all information need it. We do have services that are complimentary to our guest (free of charged) like WIFI in all areas, Breakfast, Garage, Parking, storage for luggage that is a plus during their staying with us but are not free to the public. Work Stations (not personal computers) behind the counter at the front desk are just employers aloud. Our facilities are for guest only and their visitors. I hope you had a wonderful time in Ecuador and have the pleasure to be your choice in your next visit.
The hotel is very happy to inform that we already started the update of the rooms and other public areas to improve the service and infrastructure, and we expect to be completed in October 2014.
TRAVELERS TIPS: Is not common in Ecuador to ask to see a room (hotels have different policies). (Ecuador's law of tourism) Hotel's category go by Class: Luxury, first, second, third and fourth and not stars.
Hotel LUN FUN Manta
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I reserved a room the morning of the 26th of December from the Galapagos. Upon arrival to Guayaquil, I found out there was no fight to Manta and asked the van service, at 3 pm, to call and cancel the reservation. They were told I had to make the call which I did when I arrived at my destination at 8 pm only to be told to call reservation the next day.
The next day I was told it had been too late that I would be charged $79.30 for the single room I had reserved the day before and had tried many times to cancel. I followed through with numerous emails.
I realize they have a no show or late cancellation policy but I made every effort to cancel as soon as I could. I feel they could have charged me a late cancellation fee but not the entire amount. For Ecuador, this is a lot of money for a single room. This was an honest mistake. Not impressed

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Celia H, Operation Manager at Hotel Lun Fun Manta, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear guest,
We really appreciate your review, your comments are really important for us.
We can tell for your review you had some problems with your travel itinerary in Ecuador during the holidays. We checked your reservation that was made through expedia.com and also the cancellation policies that is sent to the guest when the reservation is made. You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours before the arrival date without any charged. Cancellation and No Show have a fee that is the 100% charged of the first night of your allotment.
The hotel received an email request for a cancellation the same day of arrival at 20h00 at night, there was nothing we could do at that time.
Reservation Department
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Very good hotel and restaurant in the town and the people who serve you are kind and careful, more than that is a very clean place. I like this place and I will book this hotel each time I'll be in Manta.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fazacas m
Florida
Reviewed 23 August 2013

After travel 8 hrs from Quito this hotel was a piece of heaven for us! in our way the bus driver told us we can find a hotel very close to the bus station (one block) and we took his advice... the hotel is under going renovation, they have a/c, a little fridge in the room, hot water, very good restaurant... maybe a little noise (earplugs is the easy solution). they have tv too but we didn't use because they just have programs in spanish
Celia the young lady in the front desk have a great personality and is very helpful!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple