“Great specials and fresh seafood”
Review of The Diving Horse

The Diving Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Diving Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st & Dune Drive
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I dined here last week and were impressed with the specials and offerings this place had. We had the special soft shell crabs, oysters, steak tartare, fluke, and the Brussels sprouts. Everything was delicious and up to par with a restaurant you may visit in a larger city. This chef has great imagination and seafood is fresh! Also a BYOB!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We come every year w/friends for my husband's birthday. Great decor, service,atmosphere,food
Fresh flowers through out the restaurant. BYOB

Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you are going to be in the Ocean CIty/Avalon, NJ are check out this gourmet BYOB. Great food and atmosphere just be sure to book well in advance.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ehh.. Listen we all know we are in Avalon no need for the snotty tude. I actually felt they were given directions to act holier than thou. Was it my low cut blouse..? Maybe.. Food was okay.. under seasoned. Tasted the steak, veggie sides, salads kit kat dessert & peach cobbler. Highlight of my meal was the dessert which is never a good sign. As an Avalon summer native I will not be returning to dine and spend $90+ a person WITHOUT alcohol..

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This venue really needs to address their noise level, first of all. We were also somewhat disappointed with the food. Half of our group's entrees were oversalted--not enough to send back, but not pleasant either. At the end of our dinner the manager/owner asked how the meal was and we told her about the saltiness of the food--but there was no offer of say a dessert for the table or any accommodations. Our server was very nice, but had no idea who got what entree. Since they are really at the top of the price range for Avalon, I just expected more. I would not return.

3  Thank Blesher