“I love their bistro-style pizza”
Review of The Diving Horse

The Diving Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Diving Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st & Dune Drive
United States
“I love their bistro-style pizza”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Brick oven, thin, crisp, and all the toppings have taste. My favorites are their pepperoni, sausage, and mushroom. Nice size bar with great views of shoppers, walkers along the sidewalks of Avalon's business district.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

You can't miss the "kit kat" dessert. It is extremely good. I'm always pleased with their local fish or scallops. Their oysters were great.

I believe this is the best restaurant in Avalon. The food is all very fresh and local and there are tons of very healthy options. The sides are always delicious and healthy, but not overwhelmingly large. The portions are perfectly sized.

BYO makes the bill very reasonable.

If you head to Philly, you must try Fitler Dining Room and Pub & Kitchen that have the same owners.

Pottstown
“Consistent, tasty, fairly priced BYO.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very good, creative food served in a great atmosphere. 'Kit kat' dessert never fails. They were out of both specials by 8:00 which was a little disappointing. Some of the best food on the island (but honestly there's not a lot of competition either).

PA
“Expensive, loud, and sub par food”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm not sure if the folks giving this place stellar reviews were in the same restaurant as I. We were there on a Saturday night and my husband had short ribs and I had the duck. Both were absurdly expensive. The short ribs were fatty, small portioned, and nothing special for taste. My duck was raw -- not medium rare -- raw. It was so raw that it was difficult to cut with a steak knife. And the dish itself was barely, barely lukewarm. I sent it back to cook and get it warmer. It came back raw and lukewarm. I gave up. If you can't cook duck, don't have it on the menu.
You could not have a conversation in this place if you tried. The decibel level was so aversive that we skipped dessert and left. I see that others have complained about the same issues and nothing changes. I guess that they just don't care. Order pizza. It will be a whole lot cheaper and better than this over rated place.

• Visited June 2014
“Everything fantastic except swordfish ”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Only complaint on service was after calling and confirming an additional guest to our party was never noted so we had a tight squeeze at the table, but not the end of the world. All of our meals were fantastic except for the swordfish. Calamari, marinated beets, and fluke were delicious. Scallops were well received as well. Only meal that had a complaint was swordfish.