“Food to die for”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 23rd St.
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I dined at Café Loren at least once a season and always enjoyed the meals but for some reason I never wrote a review. Dined there last night with a family gathering and was so impressed I just had to write. Both my wife and I ordered the scallop appetizer, a favorite from the past and to die for. My wife ordered the Perch, a new addition this year. It was truly out of this world. The fish was extremely fresh and cooked to perfection. It was complemented with homemade veal sausage in a very tasty sauce. I had the Halibut which was also cooked to perfection in another outrageous sauce. We kept passing them back a forth. Everyone at the table was extremely pleased. I have to say it may have been the best meal of my life.

5  Thank Peter P

Reviewed 14 September 2013

One of the better restaurants in Avalon. Very appealing dining room that looks as if it was just redone. A BYOB but with the menu prices on the high side, a beautiful dining room & very nice dinnerware—how about some decent wine glasses??

Menu has some interesting dishes and our meals were outstanding. I had the veal and my wife the sea bass & both were excellent as was the presentation. The only unusual part of our experience was our server. Although very nice & efficient, whereas all the other servers were dressed very neat & professional, her “uniform (for lack of a better word) was old & unkempt. This is a very popular place so reservations are a must. Nice atmosphere as well. I highly recommend this one.

1  Thank babcme
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Cafe Loren has been one of our favorites for many years and once again they excelled! From the moment we entered, we felt welcomed! Everything from Appetizers ( The Grilled Lobster Tail is to die for), dinner - our group had the Rack of Lamb and Veal Loren, was wonderful! No room for dessert but did take a piece of Peanut Butter Pie home to enjoy later. Staff and Service was friendly and professional.

1  Thank amm19145
Reviewed 4 September 2013

What a fantastic experience. This place is a bit dressier and a bit pricier than the average Avalon restaurant but it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and professional and the food was outstanding.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Cafe Loren has been a favorite of ours for many many years. We dined there twice this summer and we are happy to report that The Cafe is still right up there with all of our favorites. From Appetizers to desserts...everything was excellent.