“Ertghj”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 26 th and Dune Drive
“Ertghj”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Another place for breakfast. Eggs Benedict were good with a very mild Hollandaise. There are better ones within walking distance. The home fries are excellent. My wife's eggs and bacon were exactly that-eggs and bacon. Pancakes were thin but cakey. Again, there are better pancakes within walking distance. In fact there are better breakfasts within walking distance. The waitress was pleasant and tried. Im sure that she will be good by the end of the season. We have not been here for lunch or even dinner. Some of the reviews have been very good and I shall try it.

1 Thank Ertghj

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Great Find”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I found Kudos by accident when driving through Avalon. It was a perfect September night to dine on the pretty deck. We didn't realize it was BYOB, but the restaurant carries wines from a local vineyard, and we were pleased with the red we selected. To start I had the Maryland crab soup, which was excellent. A little spicy, with lots of veggies and hunks of tender crab. For my entree, I chose the Avalon salad with seared scallops on top. The salad was fresh and tasty, and the 5 large scallops were juicy and tender. My husband selected the Greek salad, and asked to have the locally caught flounder - which had been offered as a special entree - on top. The chef was happy to oblige and he received a perfectly cooked full size filet. Our server was very pleasant and knowledgeable, and the restaurant both inside and out was very pleasant, having been completely done over after Hurricane Sandy. We will definitely be making a return visit.

• Visited September 2013
New Jersey
“Great place”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Nice restaurant and good service. We ordered the salmon special and my husband who can't eat gluten, had the grilled ribeye with mashed potatoes which was delicious! From our experience, every restaurant and eatery in Avalon was pricey, Kudos wasn't as steep as some others.

New York City, New York
“Not so gluten free friendly”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We went to Kudos for dinner because they specifically advertise that they are gluten free friendly. Well...not quite!!! Yes they do have gluten free pasta. But other typical gluten free items such as risotto and saffron rice are cooked with chicken broth that contains wheat. Our waitress was knowledgeable enough to let us know. Theses items accompanied most entrees. The kicker was that I was charged $1.50 for a gluten free roll which was warm on the outside and frozen in the middle. The other adults in my party was equally disappointed in the overpriced entrees. Not worth the money especially when there are so many other options in town.

New York City, New York
“Huge disappointment at a high price!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Although the atmosphere was warm and welcoming the entrees were very mediocre at best. I ordered the scallops which were highly recommended by the waitress. They were supposed to have a balsamic drizzle but they were literally drowning in it. Very over powering! My husband ordered the seafood combination platter which included broiled scallops, shrimp, flounder and a crab cake. He reported the best part of the dinner was the Cole slaw. Every thing else was very ordinary. The onion soup was excellent. When they entrees are almost $30 dollars, you expect a high quality dinner. What a waste of money!

1 Thank tararich93