“Excellent Fresh Seafood Market”

Avalon Seafood & Produce Market
Ranked #28 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We vacationed in neighboring Stone Harbor the week of August 10 and I wanted to make my wife my specialty grilled tuna steaks for her birthday that Wednesday. I checked Avalon Seafood Tuesday morning to see whether they had a reliable supply of fresh tuna and was told that they always carry tuna. It was yellow fin, which is what one finds mostly these days. I wanted to order approximately seven pounds of the stuff, sliced 1 1/4 inches thick, and they took the order. When I picked it up Wednesday morning I could tell by looking at it that they really wanted to do their best for me--perfectly sliced steaks of uniform red coloration, exactly 1 1/4 inches thick. It was definitely sashimi grade tuna, even if not officially graded. I grilled it medium rare to rave reviews from the 14 members of our extended family who dined with us. The price was $19.95 per pound, which is a bit high by central Pennsylvania standards (when you can even get the stuff in central PA), but not too much more than I would have paid at home. And this was Avalon in high vacation season, so I felt the price was not unreasonable. This is an excellent place to go to purchase fresh fish and seafood.

2  Thank TBSIII

Reviewed 17 July 2013

During a vacation in Avalon, we wanted to order seafood, and came across this place. When we went there to pick up our order, it was very loud, and noisy. However, when we got home and started eating, HOLY WOAH! I ordered a Lobster roll, and thought well, how good can it be? Well did I under estimate this! It took me right back to New England. It was DELISHHH!! The roll was so buttery, the lobster was excellent, its was just so incredible! Awesome! I will definetly order from there again!

1  Thank stephanied831
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Excellent fresh food and service. Large menu selection. Pleasant staff. Easy access. Highly recommend. Tip: call early to order takeout.

1  Thank paa9
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We ordered takeout from here and the seafood fra-diavlo was very good. As with most things in Avalon it was expensive ($22), but good. My only complaint is that mine had three shrimp and four small scallops. Would I order this again, probably not for what it cost and what you get.

1  Thank lilbun
Reviewed 11 August 2009

When you live in Avalon for so many years you get used to the fact that everything is over priced. I always bought freshly squeezed orange juice here for the past 3 or 4 years and it was always expensive but good. They not only raised the price to $8.99 a bottle but it is so bad
you can't even drink it. Three times I bought it and three times it tasted bad like it was old. The best thing to get at Avalon produce are the fresh baked pies other than that go to Avalon super market for produce.
The fish market is ok but the prices are high and it is not as good as some of the other places in town.

1  Thank beachbuddy27