“Worst place ever.”
Review of Avalon Anchorage Marina - CLOSED

Avalon Anchorage Marina
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Description: Cross over Avalon's 21'st Street Bridge and travel westward to the end of Seagate Island to find Avalon's best kept secret, The Marina at Avalon Anchorage. We are conveniently located at the end of 21st Street in Avalon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Worst place ever.”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Let's be honest, most places with the exception of the amazing Diving Horse in Avalon, have less than average food. But you deal with it, because you're down the shore. Anchorage for me, was one of those places. Eh food, but great scenery, and everytime you go, you question whether the atmosphere was worth the sub-par overpriced cold eggs, but for some reason you keep going back..well that ended for me over the weekend. I am still shocked by how poorly my party was treated, how unprofessional the wait staff was, and how rude the owner was. You shouldn't have 13 year olds as staff, end of story. If you make a mistake on an order, you should apologize for it, and offer to make it up, whatever happened to the customer is always right? After receiving all wrong orders, cold food, and dealing with a middle school server that disappeared half way through the meal, the unapologetic, awful owner came out to see what our problem was, at that time, acted as if we somehow were doing something wrong, begrudingly took the one meal off the bill and then snarkily said "well you looked like you enjoyed your meals" - hey lady, my 10 year old nephew could make eggs better than your chefs, maybe they'd even be hot.

We then let her know that we wouldn't be back and her response, classy of course, was "whatever"...well mrs. anchorage, trust us, we will make it our mission to let everyone we know what a hideous disaster of an establishment you own. My only regret is that its already the end of August, and more damage can't be done to their already dismal reputation.

Visited August 2011
Travis m, Owner at Avalon Anchorage Marina, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Under new ownership as of 02/14/2012!!! My wife Heather and I purchased the iconic Avalon Anchorage Marina on February 14, 2012. The first order of business was to bring back what made this place special. Our first hire was Holly Reeves who was the head chef whom won the prestigous Best of The Shore Award" from Philadelphia magazine in both 2006 and 2008. I did not want to respond to any prior posts to Tripavdvisor until we had the opporunity to open the restaurant to the public over the memorial day weekend. We had a phenominal weekend and both new and past customers raved over the new menu and thanked me for hiring Holly back. we not only brought Holly back, but we have also hired Joe Westfield and award winning chef to run our new raw bar in the afternoon and our dinners in the evening. All I can ask of anybody is come back and try us again. We have gone to great pains to make the Marina at Avalon Anchorage a great family friendly spot to enjoy a meal. You will be pleasantly surprised as to the new attitude and atmosphere. Thanks. Travis and Heather Marshall

“Very slow service for simple food cooked poorly.”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Very slow service for simple food cooked poorly. At 9am they were out of common items: oatmeal, cream chip beef. Omlets were flat egg slabs and it took 30+ minutes and THEN we heard they had no oatmeal. Used to come here regularly, but last two years have seen sharp decline.

St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horribe customer relations.”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

My elderly parents ate breakfast there a few days ago. While dining, a fan blade fell from the ceiling onto my mother's food. The manager or owner (didn't bother to identify herself) saw what happened but did nothing for my parents as my mother sat there unable to finish her food. She then presented them with a full bill minus a measley 10 per cent. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

• Visited June 2011
Avalon, New Jersey
“Save your time and $$”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Went to the restaurant on a Sunday around 9:30 am. Got seated pretty fast but after that things went down hill fast! After we finally got waited on...15 minutes things went even further South. It took almost 1 hour to get our food. No one ever came to say what the hold up was and people even came in after us and got their food before us. We asked the owner who happened to walk by and he couldn't have cared less. We were just about to leave without eating when the food came. It was less than average. No "I'm sorry for the long wait..not a word." For the view of the harbor, the service and food certainly didn't make up for a thing. Snooty staff, less than caring about what you think/need. We had small children with us and some people looked at us like we were from another planet. Sorry we wasted $50 for a lousy meal. Save your time and $$. The only good thing was we were able to warn others coming into the parking lot to run the other way,,,,,whick they did!