“Clean, Friendly, Newly Updated”
Review of The Concord Suites

The Concord Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I think this is your best bet for a stay in the Avalon/Stone Harbor area for a decent price. I was a bit nervous because of some of the bad reviews received last season (summer 2010) but was so pleasantly surprised & relieved when I arrived. They had recently completed a bunch of renovations, including new A/C units, I believe. Our room was large & clean & our stay was very quiet (although it was the off season, so perhaps that is why). There is a little kitchen for preparing small meals and a nice sized living area with a fold out bed. The 2 queen beds were comfy. You're only about a block from the beach & there is a great restaurant/bar on site with unbelievably good Eggplant Parmesan! The staff is really friendly & there is a large selection of free DVDs to borrow, as well as games. The pool looked lovely, even though it was too chilly during our stay to use it. You are very close to great beach shopping! I would definitely recommend this place for a getaway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Sheripie

Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband and two toddlers just stayed at the Concord Suites for a week. We had an awesome vacation. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, the pools were great and the room was spacious for our needs. Thank you Concord Suites.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The Concord Suites has everything we are looking for---location, cleanliness, very comfortable beds, spacious suites, non-smoking, quiet, convenience, nearby casual restaurant, free movies, friendly staff, good value. We have stayed there for about 4 or 5 years now. Upon arrival, saw the property maintenance guy, John, who gave us a nice friendly greeting. He usually is the first person we see and always makes us feel welcome---like seeing an old friend. Went in hotel office and , even though our room was not ready yet (we were early), we were told we would get a call when it was ready. Did not take long at all till we got a cell call that our room was ready. Was SO nice to get into the room earlier than the 3 oclock check-in time. (since we don't get to the shore as often as we would like, we are so anxious to get our little mini vacation started, so being able to unpack makes us feel like we can really start our vacation.) Likewise my husband hurt his back and an office staffer was sympathetic. I had a few questions in the evening, and a gentleman and lady in the office were very helpful. The rooms book fast so ,unfortunately, we don't stay as often as we would like. That is because we are on a limited income, so we are afraid of booking a room too much in advance due to the strict cancellation policy, for fear of losing our deposit. I would suggest to managment that, in the event of NEEDING to cancel, to allow repeat guests to have a credit for a stay at another time in the future. It would be a huge help. We hope to return again very soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hadagreattime2
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My family stayed last summer for the 6th year in a row. My daughter has special needs and has a G-tube to aide in food suppliments. We had an accident with the tube so we offered to pay for the stain that was left on the couch. They said at that time that it was ok and and did not take us up on the offer When we went to book for this year, they said they could no longer rent to us because of how with left the room. I had to tell my almost 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter with autism that they can no longer go to the place that they have been going for 6 years. I thought it was horrible public relations and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
19  Thank maritalyn21
ConcordSuitesManager, General Manager at The Concord Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2011

The Concord Suites takes pride in providing the best possible accommodations for guests at our family-friendly Shore destination. We regret that on occasion, some guests fail to respect arrival or departure times, and/or leave their suite in a condition which interferes with accommodating the next guest. In cases like this, a decision must be made not to welcome this guest again. The Concord did not take this action lightly, but did so in order to provide great accommodations and a wonderful vacation for our other guests.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

My wife and I have eight year old twins and we have stayed at the Concord since they were born. I have been staying there for over 15 years. For those of us with families the Concord is ideal. Avalon and Stone Harbor are wonderful family oriented beach towns. The Concord offers 1 bedroom suites that have a refirgerator , microwave and a stovetop. There are many times we have had a family pasta night and have saved considerable amounts of money vs. eating at a restaurant every meal! A beautiful beach is a one block walk from the hotel. The water and sand are clean and dolphin sightings from the beach are common.

The hotel rooms have been recently remodeled from top to bottom. Each suite has new comfortable queen size beds in a bedroom with a flat screen TV. The bathrooms are new and clean. The kitchen area has everything needed and the living room has a queen pullout couch that is quite sleepable as well as a flat screen TV and DVD player.

The pools and grounds are kept clean and are well maintained. I agree that with some other reviews that keeping at least one pool open a bit later would be great.

I have seen a few reviews that complained about the staff. I have never seen anything from the staff that was negative. My impression is the staff is friendly and professional.

I would agree that if you are looking for a place to party you should make other plans. This is the place you want to share a wonderful Avalon vacation with your family and children. I have many times had a few drinks with friends on the decks even at 11 or 12 pm but the hotel is operated with families in mind. If you are loud you will be asked respectfully to tone it down.

Everyone is entitled to their o[inion. I happen to have a very high one of the Concord. I plan to continue to have many happy family memories there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Avalonfan
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed about a week here. It was very nice no real problems with staff. Resturuant on site was convient but not worth it. Our room was very lovely and was perfect for my family of 3. Our son had a room and tv to himself wich he loved. The pool was very nice my only issue was they closed way to early. It would have made our stay a lot nicer if we could have used the pool at more convient times by the time we came off the beach the pool closed within the hour. The maid was very nice and came at the same time everyday wich was very convient. Overall this is a very nice place to stay. We will return.

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank cecilia3046
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Having grown up at the Shore and really missing it, it is hard to now be a "shoobie"but since that is what I am the only place to be one is at the Concord!! Last year for my birthday my husband and I stayed for a weekend at the Golden Inn-long time icon of this strip of hotel-condotels. What a dump!! Overpriced and dirty hallways! The room looked like it was never finished and the porch railing was probably from the 80s-don't lean on it.Sooo this year we liked the looks of the Concord and booked a weekend there. The best decision. The rooms are very pretty,clean and quiet. We really like the onsite restaurant which seems to be a locals hangout-no I didn't look like a "Shoobie" there! If I was lucky enough to be a condo owner at the Concord I would be pleased because of the way they are kept up. And no one was rude at the office. This is not a partiers place!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nickPhila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
ICONA Avalon
#1 of 37 in Cape May
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to The Concord Suites? Share your experiences!