“Just returned”

The Concord Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went to Avalon for a mini vacation, will return in August for 10 days...The place is immaculate due to fantastic housekeeping, especially Sue...The exterior of the rooms is as clean as the interior. The help at the front desk is helpful...More important, the rooms are spacious with two double beds and an actual closet, not a rack to hang your clothes with shelves to stack your foldables..A larger dresser in the room is great for your personals. The bathroom has a vanity with a cabinet that you can store your hair supplies and personals as well..the living area has a couch and a table with chairs for dining. The kitchen comes fully stocked with pots and pans and dishes...My only negative is that I am there normally for 10 days and the refrigerator is too small for anything large. It is a small size refrigerator that has shelves but not adequate for a weeks supply of items...Other than that, the place is perfect...You have your own thermostat that keeps the room at an ideal temperature.. The elevator is a welcome, especially when checking in and out with all of your belongings.The pools are never crowded with two large ones and the decks have tables and chairs and loungers for your relaxation. Overall, the best of the best in Avalon, NJ....

Room Tip: I really would have to say, all three floors are great...I, if I had children with me that were very...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MSSSJUDY
ConcordSuitesManager, General Manager at The Concord Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review Miss Judy, and have we got good news for you... we will be renovating the kitchens so that they will all have the large refrigerators! Work will begin after this season. This improvement is being done as a result of guest feedback - which we appreciate and take very seriously. Thank you again and we'll see you in August!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed for 4 nights - we were so impressed by the cleanliness and LOVED the water hydration station! I also want to mention that I mistakenly threw out a ring in the trash - realized it as we were in route home. Called the property - they immediately went to look for it, found it, and mailed it back to us! It was in our waiting mail when we returned to VA. Awesome :-)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jeanhmurphy

Customer service is our priority, and includes everything from providing smart, easy environmental choices to returning items left behind. We're glad we were able to meet your expectations and Thank You for offering your review!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

As noted in my past reviews of this place it remains the same. Outstandingly clean, outstanding staff & wonderful accommodations.

The maids, the front desk and the maintenance staff, ALL are very caring in wanting you to be happy with your stay. Any concerns are addressed ASAP.

Where I come from we call them "GOOD PEOPLE" Those are the best words we give out to anyone. It's like staying with family at the beach.

If you decide to stay here, PLEASE show your appreciation to the maids with generous tips, they are the most dedicated and hardest working people you will come in contact in your life!

Your generosity will be returned many times over in good karma.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roger033

Wow, what a nice review, we are humbled. Our standards and goals are to provide the best customer service possible. It's feedback, such as yours, that enables us to monitor ourselves and make sure we are meeting those goals. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing, we greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a very clean and comfortable place to stay only about 2 blocks from the beach (easy walk). I was impressed by their commitment to recycling and the environment. The rooms and the property were extremely well kept up. There is a nice cafe/bar on the premises and two very nice pools if you're not up for the beach. Again, pristine condition.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank smalltown_MN
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This past weekend, my wife and I attended a beautiful wedding in Avalon and what made it even more beautiful was our accommodation at Concord Suites. 5 stars for staff, room and cleanliness. While we didn't make use of the immaculate pools, they did look very inviting. Bernadette was super. From the first conversation with her regarding reservations to finally meeting her, she made us feel very welcomed. Great experience and if ever a need in the future, Concord Suites is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LJMig1527
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Incredibly courteous and friendly staff. Spacious, clean and modern rooms. Two huge heated pools. And best of all, only 1/2 a block from the beach. Restaurant and bar has great food too. I highly recommend The Concord Suites in Avalon, NJ!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Christian S
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Concord Suites over the weekend to attend a friend's wedding. I can say that the rooms were very clean and recently remodeled. The beds were a little too firm for me to sleep well so I was happy to get home to my own bed. The only complaint I had was that the receptionist asked if I was 25 because they require customers to be 25 to hold a reservation. I'm 28 so I wasn't offended. However, had I been under 25 I would've been very upset because no one ever mentioned the age restriction while I booked the room nor was it ever stayed in the confirmation letter. I hope this major detail was only omitted for me.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jmhoch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
ICONA Avalon
#1 of 37 in Cape May
Pan American Hotel
Pan American Hotel
#3 of 68 in Wildwood Crest

Been to The Concord Suites? Share your experiences!