“The management was horrible to my family and I after 6 years vacationing there.”
Review of The Concord Suites

The Concord Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
GreenLeadersSilver level
Burlington, NJ
Reviewed 14 February 2011

My family stayed last summer for the 6th year in a row. My daughter has special needs and has a G-tube to aide in food suppliments. We had an accident with the tube so we offered to pay for the stain that was left on the couch. They said at that time that it was ok and and did not take us up on the offer When we went to book for this year, they said they could no longer rent to us because of how with left the room. I had to tell my almost 7 year old son and 5 year old daughter with autism that they can no longer go to the place that they have been going for 6 years. I thought it was horrible public relations and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
19 Thank maritalyn21
ConcordSuitesManager, General Manager at The Concord Suites, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
The Concord Suites takes pride in providing the best possible accommodations for guests at our family-friendly Shore destination. We regret that on occasion, some guests fail to respect arrival or departure times, and/or leave their suite in a condition which interferes with accommodating the next guest. In cases like this, a decision must be made not to welcome this guest again. The Concord did not take this action lightly, but did so in order to provide great accommodations and a wonderful vacation for our other guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
new tripoli pa
Reviewed 18 January 2011

My wife and I have eight year old twins and we have stayed at the Concord since they were born. I have been staying there for over 15 years. For those of us with families the Concord is ideal. Avalon and Stone Harbor are wonderful family oriented beach towns. The Concord offers 1 bedroom suites that have a refirgerator , microwave and a stovetop. There are many times we have had a family pasta night and have saved considerable amounts of money vs. eating at a restaurant every meal! A beautiful beach is a one block walk from the hotel. The water and sand are clean and dolphin sightings from the beach are common.

The hotel rooms have been recently remodeled from top to bottom. Each suite has new comfortable queen size beds in a bedroom with a flat screen TV. The bathrooms are new and clean. The kitchen area has everything needed and the living room has a queen pullout couch that is quite sleepable as well as a flat screen TV and DVD player.

The pools and grounds are kept clean and are well maintained. I agree that with some other reviews that keeping at least one pool open a bit later would be great.

I have seen a few reviews that complained about the staff. I have never seen anything from the staff that was negative. My impression is the staff is friendly and professional.

I would agree that if you are looking for a place to party you should make other plans. This is the place you want to share a wonderful Avalon vacation with your family and children. I have many times had a few drinks with friends on the decks even at 11 or 12 pm but the hotel is operated with families in mind. If you are loud you will be asked respectfully to tone it down.

Everyone is entitled to their o[inion. I happen to have a very high one of the Concord. I plan to continue to have many happy family memories there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Avalonfan
Reviewed 11 October 2010

We stayed about a week here. It was very nice no real problems with staff. Resturuant on site was convient but not worth it. Our room was very lovely and was perfect for my family of 3. Our son had a room and tv to himself wich he loved. The pool was very nice my only issue was they closed way to early. It would have made our stay a lot nicer if we could have used the pool at more convient times by the time we came off the beach the pool closed within the hour. The maid was very nice and came at the same time everyday wich was very convient. Overall this is a very nice place to stay. We will return.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank cecilia3046
phila
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Having grown up at the Shore and really missing it, it is hard to now be a "shoobie"but since that is what I am the only place to be one is at the Concord!! Last year for my birthday my husband and I stayed for a weekend at the Golden Inn-long time icon of this strip of hotel-condotels. What a dump!! Overpriced and dirty hallways! The room looked like it was never finished and the porch railing was probably from the 80s-don't lean on it.Sooo this year we liked the looks of the Concord and booked a weekend there. The best decision. The rooms are very pretty,clean and quiet. We really like the onsite restaurant which seems to be a locals hangout-no I didn't look like a "Shoobie" there! If I was lucky enough to be a condo owner at the Concord I would be pleased because of the way they are kept up. And no one was rude at the office. This is not a partiers place!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nickPhila
Northern NJ
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I had a great amount of summer experience in Avalon as a young adult, and I wanted to take my wife and kids to experience the Seven Miles of Avalon and Stone Harbor. I selected Concord Suites based on the remodeling of rooms at start of this year, and some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. As discussed in other reviews, the rooms are effectiively small one bedroom efficiencies, but plenty of room for a family of four, and quite clean, except for some occassional houseflies (part of the shore though). The maid service was very friendly, while the office staff are less so, although I would not go to extent of some of the other reviewers. The rooms have two stoves, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee maker, plates, silverware, etc. The suite offers plenty of bath towels, but you need to bring your own beach towels for the pool. Two TV's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom help with the fighting over who is watching what with kids. The two good size beds in the bedroom were not typical of many hotels, usually too soft with little support. They were firm and comfortable, as was the good size pull out couch in the living area (my two kids did not want to sleep in the same bed). Although we would have preferred to be on one of the upper two floors and stayed on the ground floor just outside one of the two small pools, the bedrooms face the back alley, and it was actually very quiet and peaceful to sleep, including sleeping in late. The location is good, just a block from the beach, and closest to Avalon side, so you can go just a block or two south on the beach where it is much less crowded. The pools are very small, and although one pool is advertised as heated, the family found it on the cool side (actually, it was colder than the ocean temperature). Overall, however, we thought the price for Labor Day weekend for a location just a block from the beach with reasonable and clean accomodations represented a good value for a family of up to 5 or 6 in the fine towns of Avalon and Stone Harbor.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We have been frequent guests at the Concord for more than 12 years. We love it and will not stay anywhere else. However, I must agree that daytime management tends to be rude, even to repeat and well-behaved guests. During our 2 week stay, we reported a problem with the TV dropping 9 channels {we tested it several times to make sure the problem did exist). We explained the problem to the daytime assistant manager and were treated as if we did not know what we were talking about. This person brushed us off with a rude and snappy reply. Nothing was done to correct the problem while we were there. My husband and I are retirees; we are quiet guests who never complain about anything and were taken back by the rudeness of this person. In our opinion, it was inappropriate and should not be tolerated. Fortunately, the second shift staff at check-in are polite and friendly, and so is Sue the housekeeper on the second floor. These people know us by name because we have stayed at the Concord so often. They go out of their way to make our stays enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank paa9
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The check-in was painful. I asked to see my room before I paid in full and I was quoted "company policy." Which was basically, "pay now!" I insisted to see my room first and was quoted "company policy" again. I stood my ground and refused to check in. Only then did they agree to my request. Senior management in this hotel is clearly unaware of a minimum level of customer service and basic respect. The rooms are nice and clean however you must be willing to put up with the crass and deamining treatment from management. I would try the other hotels first.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
9 Thank John211218
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
Icona Golden Inn
#18 of 37 in Cape May
Icona Cape May
Icona Cape May
#1 of 37 in Cape May

Been to The Concord Suites? Share your experiences!