“dirty, broken down, aged”

Sealark Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Avalon
Sealark Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Avalon B&B and Inns
Jerusalem, Israel
“dirty, broken down, aged”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

we stayed at an apartment across the street from the bed and breakfast with our three young children for one week. It was a great disappointment; even a college student would feel this place is creepy. the apartment was dirty, many lightbulbs were broken, the couch was torn and the rooms were simply run down and depressing. the shower still had soaps and shampoos from prior visitors and my rough-it husband couldn't even bring himself to use the shower for the week we were there, it was so disgusting! (he showered at a friend's). there were clothes and tissues on the floor left by a previous renter. one room had an air conditioner, the other did not. the proprietor, a woman, was unfriendly and rude to us. do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to stay!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spring City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Convient to beach & stores. Great accomodations. Would highly recommend it. Especially enjoyed the breakfasts.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Wsellers
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I booked my stay at the Sealark due to the convenient location. It turned out to be such a wonderful experience. We stayed in an apartment that allowed all our friends to be together. We had a deck in the back where we could all hang out. The couple that runs the B&B did everything to make our stay extra special. They were always available for everything we needed. The breakfast was so delicious. It was nice too that they have you sign up for a time so you can ensure there is room for you and your travelmates to have a lovely breakfast together. I cannot say enough great things about this place. My only sadness was that they ran out of cookbooks with their wonderful recipes.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank PATraveled
Mystic, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

The only way to describe this place is horrible. It is dirty, the hosts are not friendly, the breakfast was awful, and it was expensive. We stayed for two nights as we were visiting friends who rented a house in Avalon. I wish we had done more research but went with "the only bed and breakfast in Avalon". Our room/apt was so moldy and smelled so bad. My children actually asked if we could go stay somewhere else. Our sheets had a stain on them and the place was so antiquated, it was a sin for what they were charging ($230 a night). The breakfast was minimial and quite honestly not that good....they should be embarrassed. Both days we had to go out to breakfast after as we did not find the meal appetizing. The one good thing is the location to the beach, but quite honestly it did make up for all the bad about it.

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank eastcoasttraveler17

Travellers are raving about these Avalon hotels

CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

Our family has been visiting the Sealark for more than 10 years. Never had a bad experience, and past visits have become incredible memories for our growing children.

While the Sealark can be expensive in the peak of the summer, I expect the expense is a function of the short season, a coveted Avalon location and the extreme cost of local real estate. I am sure it is a labor of love, because the economics seem challenging from my perch.

Pat and John are both warm and exceptional hosts. I was shocked when I happened upon a bad review here. We have had too many visits to count over the years and never had any issue with cleanliness or housekeeping.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank travelcd
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

The Jersey shore is not cheap. Either is the Sea Lark. Yet I continue to happilly stay here because of the location to the beach, the location to shops and restaurants, and the fact that there is nothing comparable at the beach. The location really is unbeatable - and if you embrace that, you will be happy with your stay. The Windrift for example is even more expensive and really feels very Jersey-shore-ish. The Sea Lark is quiet, in a great location, has basically everything you need- just try not to be too picky about cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

SeaLark B and B was the only place to stay when I unexpectedly arrived in Avalon with the winter gale. Fortunately it came highly recommended by several "locals" in neighboring Stone Harbor. Located on the quiet streets between the beach and the small town of Avalon, SeaLark, a Victorian mansion, unpretentiously stood amidst new multi-million dollar homes. Pat and John welcomed me warmly.

SeaLark is not a cookie cutter place. All the rooms are unique. I selected a room (w a private bath) and flopped exhausted onto the large comfortable bed. As I sorted through the duvet pillows, comforter, blanket and sheets to figure out which layers I belonged between - I was struck by how much work went into cleaning and making this bed. The bedding was almost a masterpiece of art. (I later read the review where someone had a negative experience with the sheets... cleanliness was not a problem at all in my experience. Moving on...) The room was huge! Plenty of storage area, floor space and a loveseat. I liked the SeaLark so much I soon returned for a week, staying in a room with a private entrance off the main porch. Next time I will stay in the guest suite next: the main room has many windows, a huge comfortable bed, a large tub for soaking, and a private bathroom with a shower: the adjacent small parlor room has a gas fireplace, a nice couch, microwave and refrigerator.
Usually a scrumptious breakfast is served about 8:30 with accomodation made for dietary restrictions, when possible. A refrigerator with freezer is also available elsewhere which anyone can use. Things were all in all in pretty good shape and to keep it that way, the owners were unobtrusively doing off-season renovations and maintenance during my visit. I look forward to coming in warmer weather to enjoy The Victorian wrap around porch - it looks like a great place to sit, rock, read, chat, sip on coffee, lick an ice cream cone and look at your sea shells.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank teacherh2o
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avalon
Icona Golden Inn
#8 of 37 in Cape May
Sun 'N' Sand Motel
Sun 'N' Sand Motel
#1 of 1 in Stone Harbor

Been to Sealark Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!