“Best breakfast in Avalon”
Review of Pudgie Pelican

Pudgie Pelican
Ranked #20 of 67 Restaurants in Avalon
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We go here every year. Prices are reasonable and service is great. Food is excellent and they have a good selection of daily specials.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Pudgie's is nice breakfast place offering the usual breakfast fare for a fair price. The young lady servers were friendly and the service quick. It's ideal for families or a couple looking for a hearty breakfast. If you're in the area, definitely try this place

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A yummy breakfast at a great price. I had one of the specials, Eggs Benedict with fresh Jersey asparagus instead of ham. Absolutely delightful. My husband had sausage gravy that he said was the best he has ever had. We highly recommend this local restaurant.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I recently had lunch here. I ordered a tuna melt. It came with fries. The tuna was off. No I didn't get sick but it tasted funky. I did not eat. I told the server but it was not taken off the bill. Didn't ask her to take it off the bill but she was aware of the issue. Won't be back. Too many other choices. Sad. I had ward many good things about Pudgie's.

1  Thank SunMartini
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Yes, they are the pudgie "pelican", but one thing happened that made me love this place, aside from the perfect blueberry buttermilk pancakes. While we were there a small bird flew into the window and landed on the bench out front of the place. we were sitting right at the window -and it was so sad. The bird was obviously shaken up or blacked out. One of the owners went outside and put the bird in a box to keep it warm, away from the wind. He kept an eye on the bird and tried to get it to fly away. It finally did - flew up into a small tree. I was really impressed by the kindness he showed to the bird.

Aside from that, the pancakes were soooo good -blueberries were fresh, and I really enjoyed the meal!

1  Thank COPhilly