“Poor Food Allergy Awareness”
Review of Oceanside Seafood

Oceanside Seafood
Ranked #15 of 71 Restaurants in Avalon
Price range: US$8 - US$41
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Would NOT eat here if you have FOOD ALLERGIES! My daughter has an anaphylactic reaction to eggs. I called ahead and inquired about 2 dishes to determine if they would be safe for her to eat which I was told “yes”. When we arrived at the restaurant , I reminded them of the severity of her allergy, and again inquired about the appetizer and the entree. I was assured they were safe. I asked while ordering about all of the sauces and extras that would be on her plates and was reassured that everything was OK for her to eat. When the food was served, I inquired once more about the safety of each item on her plates as her allergy can mean life or death. I too ordered the same item as my 10 yr old daughter, and as I began to eat it, I realized that the sauce on the fish tasted like mayonnaise. I promptly got up and questioned the staff regarding the ingredients of the sauce only to find out that it was indeed mayonnaise based which is made from eggs. I had checked with the staff of this establishment (including the owner) no less than 4 times to make sure that my child would be safe eating there.We ended up spending the rest of our evening at the hospital!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We keep going back hoping it is better than it is. I think its going to the column of the not bothering to return list.  Tow dinners, one soft drink (3 bucks for a lemonade?) and it was over sixty bucks. Not spectacular for a glorified seafood shack. Hubby switched to lemonade from iced tea which was so bad he  sent it back, tasted awful. He thought it tasted like bacon. I tasted it and it was just lousy and they charged us for the replacement. I tried the restaurant week special which I've gotten other places and had been pleased. This was just regular fare, not showcasing the chefs skills at shining. The meal was unmemorable.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Every year my family comes to Avalon in June and September and we will only eat here everyday except Wednesday when they are closed. The best seafood I ever had right in the center of Avalon. Quaint restaurant and excellent service

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We were on a trip to the shore. My daughter knew that a trip to the shore required seafood. We both enjoyed our flounder and shrimp. We were seated quickly and waitress was very kind to my little gal. We also enjoyed looking at the lobster tank.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Tasty Seafood. We got take out and it was well worth it!the price was right and the service was vood.