“Worst Place Ever”
Review of Matarma Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ras Sudr
Matarma Bay
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I have been to this place 2 times , after around 23 tries to make reservation ,every time a random problem must happen to change or to cancel or to inform me that my reservation didn't exist or to tell e that the place is fully booked and when i go there for dinner i find that most of the rooms are empty of guests.
The problem that made me write this review was that i had a problem in my reservation a -as usual- when i called to make a reservation for 8 rooms and i got a confirmation thru the phone and they told me that they are going to send me their bank account to collect the deposit on the second day, but when i called the second day no one answered and i tried to call plenty of times and all what i got was a sms that the place is fully booked, so i kept calling till they answered and i asked if this was a wrong sms , but they told me no they are fully booked and my reservation was canceled and they didnt even offer to change the dates.
So i tried calling the owner of the place and he did apologies and told me that he could find me a place for 8 rooms after 2 weeks , so i accepted the apology and rescheduled the vacation for the 8 couples and we did a payment and received more then an email for confirmation.
Suddenly from no where I received a phone call from the owner and he informed me that my booking is canceled and he needs my bank account to refund the money bec a Lebanese group is staying in the hotel and decided to add some extra nights. and they accepted them and they canceled my payed and confirmed reservation, and i have nothing to do.
So that's the whole story.
Please help me to stop this unprofessional treatment.

Room Tip: See Any place else
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank adham s

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

If you're bored, stressed or tired and you want to break free , Matarma is all you need. Breathtaking scenery, amazing food, amazing people, amazing service, went there a couple of weeks ago and i wanted the weekend to last forever it is just the perfect getaway!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank fzidan
AliAwadi, Owner at Matarma Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

thank you for enjoying Matarma Bay , and waiting for you to enjoy it once again :)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Well run Matarma Bay is full of charm. We spent a weekend there for a yoga retreat with a group of 15 yogis, each and every one rated Matarma as an excellent location on anonymous feedback forms, several wanted to do a retreat there again. The food, the rooms, the sand, the sea, it's just beautifully taken care of. Well done Matarma Bay.

Room Tip: All rooms are directly on the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mandala_Yoga2013
AliAwadi, Owner at Matarma Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for enjoying your stay, we will be happy to host you once again :)

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure to pass by and spend a day in Matarma and it was definitely a well spent day! Food was oustanding especially that there arent many good choices in ras sudr... location is great..beautiful beach and I the beach beds are just awesome!... staff is extra nice..definitely going there again and again and again...

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lulueg
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Thanks to my friends who kept insisting, finally i made it there & i wish i have discovered this spot on the season beginning. Such a wonderful place, they took care of everything. they have great hygiene, speakers everywhere, wifi, amazing food & breakfast (u gotta try the shish tawook & wedges!) they got the drinks, the munchies & the ice cream lol
Rooms r just great, with an ac, a nice bathroom & a tv with all the entertaining channel if u decided to cocoon inside although the main hut always has nice chilled music. All rooms just right on the beach beside the main hut. Service is awesome & prices are very reasonable.
& anything u'll ask for u'll find it there.
Super market, & cilantro are 5 min. away from the resort

If u have the right company, or u wanna have some time on own, this place is a truly a treasure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Riham T
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a weekend, and I really enjoyed my stay. Rooms are very well furnished and very clean. All the necessary items are found in the room. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

The beach area is really nice, some rocks here and there but a very nice beach with a very nice setting and very well furnished.

The food served in their restaurant is very good, we had breakfast and dinner and bother were really really good. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ras Sedr it really is a great place

-- Small note though, they didn't have a mini bar in the room when we stayed there (maybe they changed this) and it was a bit of a headache as we had a baby with us. The staff however were very helpful and offered to store the baby's food in their Kitchen's refrigerator, a mini bar however in the room would have been more convenient

-- We also had a connected room and our neighbors were really loud, which was very loud at night so I recommend getting a room that is not connected to other rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not connected to any other room as the sound can be a little annoying at t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Omar S
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My new favorite spot in Ras Sudr.

Beautifully decorated modern rooms with stunning views on the beach which is just a few steps away.

The lounging area is great to chill out after a long day of kite surfing and the food is delicious.

Room Tip: There are different sized rooms to cater for all budgets
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
#3 of 26 in Ain Sukhna
Mousa Coast
Mousa Coast
#3 of 9 in Ras Sudr

Been to Matarma Bay? Share your experiences!