“Experienced, friendly and accommodating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Orca Dive Center
Edinburgh
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Experienced, friendly and accommodating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

At the time of our visit, Orca Dive Club was located on the bay, close to the Ibis Styles Hotel. They have subsequently moved, I'm not certain where to, but I think it must be a loss to the hotel.

We went to them in the first instance because of their convenient location next to our hotel, but their prices were competitive, the staff extremely welcoming and friendly and they were happy to work around our other (windsurfing lesson) commitments.

Because it was off season and there weren't big groups of divers, the team at Orca involved us in the discussion/decisions about where we would dive each day. They took on board our requests to visit certain dive sites and worked things around our needs and daily plans.

Equipment was fine, and seemed well looked after. They were happy to let us try on lots of wetsuits to get the right comfort and fit and quickly offered up hoods and thicker suits when we mentioned chill at the end of the first dive.

We didn't do any courses with the club so can't speak for training/instructing but our dive guide, Abdallah, was friendly and good. He tailored his guiding to our experience and told us he was doing so but remained engaged and keen.

We've dived previously with Poseidon Divers in Dahab, who we regarded highly. I think Orca are as good and as professional. Importantly, they are not clique in any way, like many dive centres can be. Orca appear to treat all customers with equal respect and interest, no matter what level of diver they are. I can't say that for all dive centres I have been to.

Oh. And seeing the dolphins in the Blue Hole was pretty good.

Visited February 2013
Ashraf S, General Manager at Orca Dive Center, responded to this review, 27 September 2016
Thank you very much :) Hope to see you again :)

• Korean first
Merelbeke, Belgium
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Exellent performance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Very nice situation, kind people, top of the bill equipment (German owner). Not the cheapest of Dahab but we don't want to change as the performance and the kindness of the staff is really excellent. We were there already three times and we will for sure come back to Dahab and use the services of Orca. We recommend them highly!

Visited September 2012
Thank you very much :) Hope to see you again :)
Cairo, Egypt
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Amazing Dive Centre, Amazing Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

Wael Derballa the owner of the club with the instructor Anwar over there are amazing; even the Mohamed the worker is kind and all are helpful and great atmosphere of hospitality. I went with a group of 6 of my friends for open water padi course and had amazing experience. They topped it with offering us a FREE dive at the end of the course appreciating our effort and being keen while learning from.

thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you are a technical diver using mixed gases and like small centers - then this is your place`”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2010

I always get my mixed gas (trimix) filler by Wa'el and his team of wonderful divers and technicians. Wa'el the owner is technical trimix instructor himself and knows the in and outs of the specific requsts that relates to technical mixed gas diving. I have helium waiting for me there as we speak (wa'el) order it for me from Cairo. I will be back doing trimix diving on the 28-29th of November (diving with Wa'el), cant wait to dive the bluehole "the arch" and the canyon. its a great divecenter with lots of personality! i can highly recommend it for all levels of divers but esp for technical deep divers with specific requests regarding gas and equipment. Email me if you have any questions about dahab and cant find the information here on tripadvisors.com excellent site. happy travelling jonas samuelsson padi course director/technical diving instructor trainer
[---],[---]

1 Thank livinginthailand72
Seattle, Washington
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Fantastic Diving in the Red Sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2010

I went on 6 dives over 3 days with Orca Dive Center. They were wonderful!! For most of the dives it was a guide, myself and my cousin. We even went on a night dive which was freaky in a very cool way!!

The equipment is aging and should be replaced. I had an issue with one of the hoses connected to my tank. Thankfully, the hose broke before we entered the water so everything was fine.

The staff was fantastic and picked us up from our hotel outside of town. Our guide (we had the same guy for 3 days) was wonderful. Very informative and truly made diving in the Red Sea a very special experience.

The diving was incredible. All of our dives were shore dives. You didn't have to go very deep to see an amazing collection of fish, coral & sea life.

1 Thank HavePillow